Bedsider In The Wild Wants to Make Birth Control Fun, Understandable, and Easy-to-Access at Tufts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

Who else remembers sitting in Sex Ed in middle school, having information about sexual health, birth control, and STDs thrown at you via uncomfortable movies that were probably made in the late 80s? Why does learning about birth control and sexual health always have to be so boring and awkward? The answer: It doesn’t.

Bedsider.org is an online birth control support network for women and is operated by The National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy. The site, which is not funded by pharmaceutical companies or the government, has everything from information on different birth control methods and where to get birth control to a feature that reminds you when to take your birth control (which means no more explaining that your “BC” alarm does not mean it’s time for you to head over to Boston College…)!

This fall Bedsider is launching In the Wild at colleges around the country. There will be parties, pub-crawls, lectures, movie nights, information sessions and more, all designed and organized to entertain and inform students about birth control. You can check out this video to learn more!

Is all of this sounding like your kind of thing? Well, Bedsider is looking for volunteer Campus Reps here at Tufts to organize and plan these fun events! As a Campus Rep you will gain valuable work experience and educate students on our campus about birth control options and possibilities. If you are interested make sure to apply by September 22nd at www.bedsider.org/inthewild!

Don’t forget to checkout Bedsider.org for everything you need on birth control. 

Alex Horvitz is a junior at Tufts University in Boston, MA. She is double-majoring in Economics and Psychology and minoring in Communications and Media Studies. With a passion for beauty blogging, Alex is a contributing beauty blogger for Her Campus. Alex is a Co-President of Her Campus Tufts and she also worked as a Sales & Marketing Associate for Her Campus during the Summer of 2012. Email AlexHorvitz@hercampus.com with questions or connect with her on Twitter @Alex_Horvitz or LinkedIn!