Be sure to come Bid Your Heart Out with the sisters of Alpha Phi!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

This Friday, February 27, 2015, Alpha Phi at Tufts will be hosting its annual philanthropy event Bid Your Heart Out. BYHO consists of both a live and silent auction to raise money for Alpha Phi’s national philanthropy, Women’s Heart Health. Each year, Alpha Phi raises more money than the last. In 2014, the event raised more money in one night than did any other Greek organization in the NESCAC, with donations of about $13,500! 

The sisters of Alpha Phi have been hard at work planning this year’s auctions. Seniors Emily Rennert and Martha Meguerian spearhead the event, with the help from Alpha Phi’s Philanthropy Chairs Madi Friedman (’17) and Olivia Scheyer (’17), as well as the Vice President of Marketing Alex Weinstein (’16).

The silent auction, located in the SOGO Multipurpose Room, features a large array of baskets filled with items donated by businesses in the Greater Boston area, as well as by each sister of Alpha Phi. Throughout the silent auction, there are many refreshments and a photo booth. The live auction located in Cohen Auditorium features larger ticket items, and is hosted by Alpha Phi sister Julia Timerman (’15) and 45 brother Adam Kochman (’16). SOC performs as entertainment for the evening. 

Donations from the brothers of Theta Delta Chi (123), Zeta Psi, Delta Upsilon, and 45 are included in this portion of the auction. There’s also an anticipated performances from many 123 New Members to introduce their contributions.

Come join the sisters of Alpha Phi for a night filled with friends, family, and philanthropy. Tickets will be on sale the rest of the week! 

Photos courtesty of: Alpha Phi at Tufts

Sophomore at Tufts. Involved in Alpha Phi, Her Campus Tufts, Tufts Relay For Life, Tufts Cancer Outreach, Tufts Blood Drive. Loves cooking, baking, skiing, and playing with her two Miniature Dachshunds.