This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

Sadly Awards Season has come to a close, but after all the carpets are rolled up, the statues awarded, and the tears wiped away, it’s time for the best part: the fashion.  From the Grammys, the SAG Awards, the Golden Globes, to the Oscars the stars were out in full force when they hit the red carpet. Lets take a look back at this years hottest red carpet trends.

Reigning in Red

This year the carpet wasn’t the only thing that was radiating in red. From the SAG awards to the Oscars to the Grammys these stars proved that red rules all. 

White Hot

Clean cut, crisp, and sophisticated, white always looks good on camera. These stars wowed in white giving white hot a whole new meaning. 

Navy Is The New Black

Black may be your usual go to neutral dark, but this years red carpet fashion proved that you should be reaching toward a different shade. Navy made an entrance this year, and proved it is most definitely the new black!

All star: Lupita Nyongo!

There was only one star this red carpet season who seemed to not miss a beat. Newcomer and Oscar winner Lupita Nyongo showed that while she may be new to the silver screen, she is one fashion forward beauty. 

Danyelle McInnis is a graduating senior at Tufts University, majoring in English.  She's interested in short story-writing, journalism, marketing, photography, creating websites, baking, and grilled cheese sandwiches.  She's left-handed and always has a secret stash of candy on hand in case the world suddenly runs out of sugar.  In her spare time, she writes about her ongoing transformation from pack rat to minimalist on her blog, Greyer Than Gray.