7 Stages of the Tufts Plague

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

The rapidly cooling weather brings with it happy thoughts of hot apple cider, movie marathons snuggled under blankets, and fuzzy sweater weather. However, every year it also brings the Tufts Plague: the first couple weeks of cold weather when it seems like everyone on campus is sick. Here are the seven stages of the plague:

1. When you feel yourself starting to get sick and you start chugging vitamin C as fast as you can.

2. When you realize that there is nothing you can do, you’re getting sick no matter what.

3. When you can’t stop sniffling in class.

4. When you decide that this is the worst sickness you’ve ever had, and that the congestion is slowly killing you.

5. When you know you have work to do this week, but you never want to get out of bed again.

6. When you start to feel better but you’re afraid to do anything strenuous, just in case it makes everything worse again.

7. When you can finally breathe out of your nose again, and you know that the worst is over.

Photos from: www.giphy.com