toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Scary Movies to Watch This Halloween

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

Halloween is quickly approaching, and you know what that means: time for a scary movie marathon. Here are five classic horror films guaranteed to make you jump.  

1. Poltergeist

Don’t be fooled by this movie’s PG rating. This story of a family’s struggles against a ghost that they just can’t shake is sure to have you hiding under the covers by the end of the first hour.

2. The Ring

Don’t watch this movie if you ever want to be in the room with a TV again without wondering if someone is about to climb out of it.

3. Grave Encounters

This movie follows a camera crew for a paranormal reality show as they decide to spend the night in an old abandoned asylum. It’s not as well-known as the others on this list, but there is no question that it is the scariest film out of all of them. 

4. Sleepaway Camp

Full of over-the-top 80s movie tropes, Sleepaway camp is so bad it’s good – and the terrible acting provides some much needed comic relief.

5. The Shining

This is probably the most iconic horror movie ever made, and always worth watching.