5 Quick Study Break Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

Study breaks can be a great way to stay focused and not lose motivation… that is until you suddenly find yourself taking every BuzzFeed quiz ever invented and two hours later you realize you only have a sentence written of your ten page paper!  But don’t worry collegiettes! We came up with a list of quick study break ideas that won’t lead to a procrastination marathon.

1.     Paint your nails

This is a perfect quick study break, because once your nails are wet, you can’t get very far without ruining them!  I especially love this one when I’m working on a paper.  After you’ve painted your nails you can still get back to typing without any nail damage.

2.     Hit the gym

Everyone loves to hate the gym, but in reality it’s the perfect way to escape Tisch without feeling guilty.  When you’re sitting around all day in front of a laptop, even 20 minutes of cardio is a great way to reenergize! (Or if you’re really opposed to the gym, try taking a walk around campus or into Davis!)

3.     Snack!

If you’re suffering from extreme writer’s block, it might be time to hit up the Tower! Grabbing a snack is a good way to take a break since there’s no online shopping on your granola bar! Click here for a list of the best study snack ideas. 

4.     Nap

Has your Econ textbook gotten more use as a pillow than it should?  It’s okay to shut your books and take a 20-minute nap to refresh. Don’t forget to set an alarm so it doesn’t become a hibernation session!

5.     Call someone!

Whether it’s your best friend or your mom, sometimes all you need is to talk to an actual person rather than your computer screen! Plus, friends and family can give the best pep talks!

Photos courtesy of spaweekblog.com, whmuk.com, grapplergourment.com, beraplan.com, design-milk.com, optometrystudents.com

Danyelle McInnis is a graduating senior at Tufts University, majoring in English.  She's interested in short story-writing, journalism, marketing, photography, creating websites, baking, and grilled cheese sandwiches.  She's left-handed and always has a secret stash of candy on hand in case the world suddenly runs out of sugar.  In her spare time, she writes about her ongoing transformation from pack rat to minimalist on her blog, Greyer Than Gray.