5 Drunk Texts You Should Never Send

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

Unfortunately, all too many of us have done it – let’s be honest. There are those of us whose words become incomprehensible and then those who can’t form coherent sentences. While you’re off having a bit too much fun, here are the five drunk texts you most definitely DO NOT want to send.

1.      The “Ex” Text

When it comes to the ex-boyfriend it is definitely a big fat NO DRUNK TEXTING. Especially when you end up saying something along the lines of “I want you so badly right now” or “Can we just hook up one more time” or the classic “Let’s get back together”.

2.      The “Parent” Text

Do you want your life to be over? I don’t think so. If your parents are anything like mine, drinking is definitely frowned upon. It ain’t gonna be cute when you’re drunk texting your dad about all the “mad b*****s you be getting”.

3.      The “I’m Not Making Any Sense” Text

Oh, so you want me to drive you home? BUT THE PARTY WAS AT YOUR HOUSE. Usually, these texts start showing up when you’re so plastered that you don’t even know what is going on around you. Don’t be the girl who ends up texting someone asking them where they are when they’re literally right next to you. Although, really, don’t be that girl that drinks so much you’re out of control and don’t know what’s going on.

4.      The “I Can’t Spell Anymore” Text

I’m sof drinkkas righut nowwjl. Oh you are? I couldn’t tell by your perfect grammar and exquisite spelling. Really? Just. No.

5.      The “Please Hook Up With Me” Text

“I want your bodyyy” or just simply “You’re hot” sometimes seems to cover the wide variety of the desperate hook up texts. Don’t be the girl who goes around texting every guy in her contacts list that you’re “feeling a little slutty right now”.

Let’s face it girls, the best way to avoid drunk texting is just to make sure that your phone – with the cute cat-themed case – is tucked neatly away in your bag for the rest of the night so you can party it up with #noregrets. 

Alex Horvitz is a junior at Tufts University in Boston, MA. She is double-majoring in Economics and Psychology and minoring in Communications and Media Studies. With a passion for beauty blogging, Alex is a contributing beauty blogger for Her Campus. Alex is a Co-President of Her Campus Tufts and she also worked as a Sales & Marketing Associate for Her Campus during the Summer of 2012. Email AlexHorvitz@hercampus.com with questions or connect with her on Twitter @Alex_Horvitz or LinkedIn!