etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

4 Tips for Spring Break on a Budget

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

Want to enjoy your spring break without breaking the bank? Here are some ways to make most of your week away from school while staying within your budget.

1. Visit friends at other schools

While it can be frustrating to have a different break schedule from your friends, it can also be a great opportunity to visit them and see what the social life at other schools is like. Crash on your friend’s couch or air mattress to save money on a hotel. Catch up with friends and have a great time without the headache of a hefty bill.

2. Take day trips

Whether you go home for break or stay close to school, take advantage of your free time by taking day trips to places nearby. Going to school in Boston and being from DC, there are tons of fun activities like visiting museums or going hiking that I have yet to take advantage of. Explore places nearby to stay entertained without emptying your wallet.

3. Plan early

If you do want to do the classic spring break trip to Cancun or Punta Cana, it helps to start planning early. Flights and hotels will be cheapest if you start booking at least six months in advance. Take advantage of all the time you spend procrastinating homework by planning an amazing tropical getaway!

4. Take advantage of deals

Lots of hotels and travel sites offer crazy deals with joint airfare, hotel and other amenities. Using these deals can drastically cut your spending so you can focus on having fun rather than being anxious about your overdrawn bank account.

No matter how you spend your spring break, enjoy your well-deserved rest and have fun!

I am a second year majoring in International Relations and Spanish from Washington DC. As a Campus Correspondent, I cannot wait to lead Tufts Her Campus!