16 Signs Your Mom Is That College Mom

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

From our knee scrapes to our pre-exam mental breakdowns, our superhero moms can tackle any problem, big or small. Nobody can top her care packages, and occasionally she texts you in the middle of the night just to make sure that you didn’t run out of laundry detergent. She’s slightly crazed, but only because you made her so. Here are 16 signs that your mom is THAT college mom.

P.S. Mom, thanks in advance for liking this and sharing it with all your Facebook friends.

1. She calls you every day. Even if all you’ve done in the past 12 hours is binge watched Scandal, she wants to hear about it (or at least she pretends to).

2. She owns more school apparel than you. And eventually you’ll steal it because her white elephant hat was too cute not to wear during homecoming. That’s fair right?

3. Plus everything that Lilly Pulitzer offers in elephant print. You have to convince her that wearing it all at once might be Jumbo overkill.

4. She comes to visit you and starts vacuuming while you’re getting ready. “Mom I vacuumed yesterday.” Meanwhile…

5. She offers to visit for the afternoon, even though she knows you’ll spend the entire time at CVS and Whole Foods.

6. She’s always down for some Newbury Street retail therapy. And she knows all the best stores too.

7. Decorating your dorm room was the first episode of HGTV series. Because once she goes into mom mode, nothing can stop her.

8. She leaves to buy a hanging mirror and comes back with the entire Bed, Bath and Beyond inventory. Because having one bathmat wasn’t enough, now you have six.

9. She points out the cute boys while you drive through campus in her minivan. And yes, she occasionally honks.

10. Speaking of minivans, this is her theme song.

11. She calls maintenance for you because she’s tired of hearing that you keep forgetting to put in a work order.

12. She googles your future roommate to stalk her on Facebook AND LinkedIn. And accidentally likes her profile picture from 2012.

13. She asks if you’re going to Zumba tonight. Because you convinced her to let you get the unlimited class pass, she memorized the TSR schedule.

14. Selfies. She’s always down for selfies. But hates when you put them on Facebook or Instagram. (Is this worse?)

15. She’s queen of the snack game. And your friends are definitely jealous.

16. And hanging out with her is honestly the best part of your week. Isn’t she the cutest?!

Sources:

www.giphy.com

www.lillypulitzer.com

http://christmas-specials.wikia.com

www.youtube.com