Lockdown Got You Bored? Here Are 5 Kdrama’s That Will Help You Cure Your Boredom

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TU Dublin chapter.

Here are 5 Korean dramas to get you started on your kdrama journey:

Hotel del Luna

Situated in the middle of Seoul, hotel del Luna is disguised as an old building while being a hotel that accommodates ghosts who have unfinished business. Each episode
comes with subplots that support the overall storyline. It introduces interesting characters as hotel patrons who wish to iron out conflicts before they crossover to the afterlife– Hotel del Luna is their fancy accommodation while they straighten out earthly concerns. This drama is filled with romance, comedy, and mystery. This drama not only has great character development but captures your attention with its amazing cinematography.

Guardian

The Lonely and Great God (Goblin): Goblin is an incredible tale with a story that covers centuries. It is quite an epic ride filled with amazing characters, talented actors, and a
fresh and unique story woven beautifully throughout each episode. This drama tells the story of a goblin who has been around for centuries waiting for his bride so that he can end his cursed immortal life. He soon crosses paths with a grim reaper, with whom his past is intertwined. This drama has many twists and turns, so be prepared for the unexpected.

Crash Landing On You

A South Korean heiress ends up in an accident while paragliding. This accident brings her across to the north side of the Korean Demilitarized Zone and right into
the arms of one of the Captains. Even though this situation is dangerous, one cannot help but be spellbound by the relationship that grows between the two main leads. Each episode is an emotional rollercoaster, that leaves you wanting more. Filled with comedy, drama, romance, and good subplots, this drama may be worth losing some sleep for!

It’s Okay Not To Be Okay

This fantasy romance drama is about a health worker in a psychiatric ward and a writer who suffers from an antisocial personality disorder. A man who denies love and a woman who does not know love. They defy fate and find their souls and identities in this drama that tackles mental health. It is a piece of art.

Itaewon Class

The main character’s life has been turned upside down after he gets expelled from school for hitting a bully soon after his father dies in an accident. Following his father’s
footsteps, he opens a pub named “DanBam” in Itaewon and, along with his manager and staff, strives towards success and reaching greater heights. From this drama, a lot of life lessons and values are learned. This drama touches on various topics and is imperfectly perfect.

Hop on the bandwagon and start your Kdrama experience now!

Iqrah Muhammad

TU Dublin '24

Writer & Designer Aspiring Broadcaster , striving to create change for women in society.
Monika Kumar

TU Dublin '24

Monika Kumar is attending Technological University Dublin. She is currently studying Business Computing. At TUD, Monika is learning how technology is used in the Business world. She uses her learning from business studies to write and lead for her Chapter in her school.