Why Vernon Social is the Most Underrated Spot on Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Trinity chapter.

Sure, everyone gets Goldbergs on weekend mornings. Some of you North Campus dwellers are even weekday Gbergs coffee drinkers. However, Vernon is so much more than the quick food hit and run or occasional study spot. Here’s why you need to start getting there more often.

1. It’s beautiful and functional.

Vernon social has a variety of spaces for students to utilize. Group tables for eating, smaller tables for more intimate studying, couches for relaxing… the list goes on! There’s even a little fireplace that’s super cozy.

2. Vernon Printer

One of the greatest things I did while living on North Campus was adding the Vernon Printer to my computer. Try it out yourself with the instructions on this link here. It’s super helpful, especially during crunch time when you’re on North side of campus and you don’t have enough time to run to the library.

3. FIRE PITS.

An extremely underrated place on Trinity’s campus in general, the Vernon Social fire pits are seriously the place to be on a nice night. Grab a coffee, tea, or coco from Goldbergs and sit around the fire with friends. It’s a great place to hang out or even do some quiet reading!

4. The Events

There’s no denying that Vernon Social is a cool space, and Trinity definitely likes to use it. Check your Trinity Today to see what Vernon has to offer – it has great weekly events like Trivia Night or special events like movie screenings.

5. The Bar

It’s every student’s dream to be able to buy alcohol with flex… Little did you know it’s an actual thing. If you’re +21 just bring your Trinity ID to the Vernon Social bar and grab a beer, cider, or wine to get your night started using your flex dollars! It’s super convenient.

Hi all! My name is Emily, and I'm a Junior at Trinity College. In my spare time play basketball, and I enjoy painting my nails (especially when the activity simultaneously works as a means of procrastination).