St. Patrick’s Day Cocktails

Whether you’re Irish, a ginger, a leprechaun-lover, or even none of the above, everyone can agree that St. Patrick’s Day is a time to celebrate. With the holiday coming up in less than two weeks, it’s time to start party planning! Since a flight to Dublin for one day might be a little out of your price range, here are four easy recipes to bring a little bit of Ireland right to your kitchen.

1. Irish EyesWe’ve all heard of having googly eyes for that well-dressed lad or lady, but this St. Patrick’s Day, take it one step further with Irish Eyes. This refreshingly creamy Irish drink will have you dancing a jig all night long!

Ingredients:

1 ounce Irish Whiskey

1/4 ounce Creme de menthe

2 ounces Cream

Strain and pour the mixture into an old fashion glass like the Waterford goblets pictured here. For a finishing touch, add a piece of mint

Source: celebrations.com

2. Shamrock Shake Up : Bits of green from lime wedges and mint sprigs will will have you literally and figuratively shaking things up on St. Patty’s Day!

Ingredients:

¾ oz. lime juice

1½ oz. Absolut Miami

1 oz. simple syrup 

6 mint leaves

1 oz. soda

Garnish: mint sprig

Muddle mint leaves with simple syrup (equal parts sugar and hot water) and lime juice in a shaker. Add Absolut Miami, shake, and strain into a highball glass filled with ice. Finally, top with soda, and garnish with a mint sprig.

Source: cosmpolitan.com

3. Emerald Isle Cocktail : For something a little sweeter than a stein of Guinness, try this green cocktail which will be equally as festive and beyond tasty!

Ingredients: 

1 tsp Creme de Menthe Liqueur

2 oz Gin

3 dashes Bitters

Pour the ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with ice cubes, shake well, strain into a chilled cocktail glass.

Source: Mixthatdrink.com

4. The Grasshopper : A quintessential Irish dessert cocktail. Sweeter than the Irish Eyes, this drink is pleasing to the eyes and lips!

Ingredients:

3/4 fluid ounce creme de menthe

3/4 fluid ounce white creme de cacao

1/4 fluid ounce heavy cream

1 cup ice

Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker. Cover and shake until chilled. Strain into chilled cocktail glass.

Source: drinkesmixer.com

Kelly is a junior at Trinity College, double majoring in English and American Studies. Besides being the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus, she is a barista at Peter B's Espresso, Features Editor of The Trinity Tripod, and a member of the executive council for SGA.