Quick Tips to Stay Warm This Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Trinity chapter.

Don’t know if you all have noticed, but it’s SNOWING here at Trin! If you’re like me, you are not yet prepared (emotionally or physically) for this. Here are some ideas on how to dress and stay warm without sacrificing your style.

1.     Concentrate on thin layers. Wearing a lot of bulky clothes won’t keep you as warm as you think and will just get annoying. Start with a tank top or t-shirt, then   try a thin sweater on top of that. If you really need it, throw on a heavier cardigan or over sweater on top! These will keep the heat close to your body without making you look larger than you are.

2.     Don’t shy away from hats. We lose a ton of heat from the top of our heads, so keep that body heat in with a baseball cap or cute wintery beanie.

3.     For goodness sakes, put on some socks! Regardless of how warm you think your shoes are, wear a pair of thick socks. They will keep your tootsies nice and warm inside your shoes.

4.     Try some tea. I know that we all love coffee, but tea will stay warm in your hands while also warming the inside of your body while you drink it! And who doesn’t like speeding up their metabolism?

5.     Pile on the accessories. Scarves, gloves, ear warmers, try them all! Decide which one is the best for your body and stick with it.

6.     Enjoy it while it lasts! Soon enough we will be complaining about the lack of air conditioning.

Samantha Rhodes is a junior at Trinity College studying art history. An avid art lover, she loves to make trips to museums, long walks on the beach, and people who talk with their hands. Baking takes up most of her free time, and doesn't hurt her social circle either.