Play Ball! (Or Watch It)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Trinity chapter.

At long last, the construction of Hartford’s Dunkin’ Donuts Park has been completed- just in time for the 2017 baseball season! Connecticut’s minor league baseball team, the Yard Goats, will now play at the stadium in downtown. Real spring weather is just around the corner and what better way to spend an evening than cheering on the future major league stars?

MiLB games are extremely underrated and great for broke college students. A seat directly behind home plate at Dunkin’ Donuts park costs only $12! The Yard Goats season opener is just days away on April 13 against the New Hampshire Fisher Cats at 7:05pm. They play the Monday through Thursday leading up to Spring Weekend, so you can add more activities to add to the best weekend of the semester! The team has a total of 18 home games before the end of the semester and plenty more throughout the summer for those of you staying on campus.

I highly recommend taking advantage of living less than 3 miles away from a source of America’s past time and get on down to a Yard Goats game this semester! Win or lose, if you go with a group of great friends, it will always be a good time.

Meghan is a junior at Trinity with a major in Anthropology and a minor in Writing, Rhetoric, & Media Arts.