An Outfit Guide for your Day Party Desires

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Trinity chapter.

Unless you’ve been holed up in your room since Snowpocalypse 2015, watching Netflix and ordering from Waiter Wheels, you may have noticed that something extraordinary has happened outside: the snow has finally melted. Yes, if you look outside it seems like someone finally took off the B&W filter and threw on an X-Pro II in its place. The greens are greener, the skies are bluer, and the clothes are brighter. I’m tempted to declare the cliché, “spring has sprung.” But let’s not forget that we live in New England, and it’ll probably start raining by the time I’m done writing this sentence.  For now, however, it’s gorgeous, which inspires us college students to want to do one thing: day drink with our friends outside. We want to darty ( day + party) and dage (day + rage) until the sun goes down. We have the weather, we have the drinks, and now we’re giving you the outfit inspiration you’ve been missing. Below, you’ll find four different looks to get your darty on. Cheers ppl.  

1. Insipired By Your 8 Year Old Self

…except updated with a crop top, flatform espadrilles, and a fringe bag that steals the show. You can find these overalls, or dungarees as they’re apparently called, at Zara. The ribbed baby tee can be found just about anywhere from Topshop to American Apparel. These espadrille flatforms are perfect for socializing, insuring your toes’ safety far above the ground. 

2. Undeniably Done-Up, But Still Decently Chill

This outfit is something your hella cool older sister from LA would wear to day drink. Take a note from said proverbial sister with this lacey little off-the-shoulder romper from Stone Cold Fox and pair it with natural brown accessories to ensure that it’s the main act. Top it all off with gold reflective aviators and don’t forget to tie-up the loose ends with these gladiator sandals

3. The Sporty One 

If you were a Spice Girl, you’d argue for Posh but everyone knows that at the end of the day you’d be Sporty. With this minimalistic, varsity tee and cut-off combination you manage to pull off casual and put-together in the most inconspicuous of ways. Kat and I have been sporting these badass Superstars since last summer, and I think it’s safe to say Adidas is back. It also doesn’t hurt that their famous stripes match the black and white rings on the tee. Finally, toss on some light, silver bangles and matching reflective sunnies to complete the look.

4. So You Missed Coachella

Whatever, we get to see Kygo in one weekend anyways! However, if you still feel like you missed out on all the street (desert) style oppurtunities, make this Saturday your outfit ode to ‘chella with a matching two piece set like the one pictured here. Still rolling off my initial briefing on foot safety from Outfit 1, I’d suggest jimmying into these cutout booties to ensure the utmost protection from the larger and heavier feet of the rowdy hooligans probably supplying your drinks. Finally, this layered necklace and tassle bracelet of mixed metals are the ideal accessories to complement the  ~*happy-go-lucky*~  vibes you’re throwing out. 

American Studies Major at Trinity College