This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Trinity chapter.

New York Fashion Week is HERE!

Fashion week and I have a love hate relationship. One thing I absolutely hate about fashion week season—my Intsagram blows up. I wake up to uploads of video footage and pictures from the New York Times, Miroslava Duma, and Man Repeller. The serial #NYFW intsagrammers love making me incredibly jealous while I’m at Trinity. Other than that, I only have love for fashion week. This NYFW has made me weirdly excited for Autumn/Winter 2014-2015… but we haven’t even made it through the winter.

I will take one of everything Phillip Lim 3.1 A/W 14-15 for my closet at the start of fall.  Nobody does urban daily wear like Phillip Lim 3.1.  As always, the collection is effortlessly chic, something I think all designers hope to achieve in their RTW (ready to wear) lines.  Phillip Lim will flood the stores with his jean-style inspired jackets, more oversized coats in prints and patchwork, more menswear inspired trousers, and mid-calf skirts and dresses. Although you may not wear menswear inspired trousers or mid-calve skirts to class in Seabury, it doesn’t hurt to know some fashionable someone, somewhere, is probably getting photographed in them. Lim’s designs consist of fresh modern color blocking, geometric and asymmetrical styles, and oversized everything. Personally I really want to own the jean- style inspired jacket, a full flare leather skirt, and the gorgeous fur collar oversize coat (seen below).

Opening Ceremony. The outerwear in particular proved to be a strong suit in this collection. Oversized or cropped they’re all a must!  Throw a turtle neck underneath a crew necked coat and that’s really all you need. Of course who could forget the classic fur and the down jackets? They’ll be back in the fall with new and innovative styles, so look forward to a new take on outerwear. Sifting through all of the looks I would wear every asymmetrical skirt in this collection—yet another great asset to this collection. Not only was the collection absolutely perfect for fall 2014, the presentation was even more impressive. Chocolate was dripping from the backdrop and could be smelled throughout the venue. Give me chocolate and fashion and you’ve won my heart, Opening Ceremony.

Prabal Gurung’s line was all about drapery and layering. It was breathtaking in color: shades of grey, black, white, fire tones, and turquoise flooded the runway. Again, we can see oversize knits are here to stay which makes me very happy (crowd favorite). I can see the trendiest of ladies wrapped up in the heavy drapery in this collection. Aside from the ready to wear skirts, tops, outerwear, and trousers, his evening gowns were jaw dropping. My personal favorites were the two red gowns; high necked, long sleeved, with cutouts in just the right places. I can see his gowns floating through the crowds on the red carpet in no time. Everything about this collection made me look forward to what the fall has to bring.

Rag and Bone is last but certainly not least! The designs live up to their edgy and unique style. Realistically I can see most of this collection on the racks and selling like hot cakes. I loved the icy tones of color with the splashes of red giving the ‘fire’ to the collection. The designers Marcus Wainwright explained the collection to Vogue, “It’s eighties but not in a Dynasty kind of way.” This collection is eighties style revived and revamped to fit today’s trendiest women. I always look forward to Rag and Bone sweaters/outerwear as well as pants. They always have on-trend pieces but also pieces that will carry over for a couple of years. Rag and Bone could never do wrong.

If you want to look at more shows, check out Vogue!

I am currently a Junior at Trinity. I'm from Westchester, NY. I am majoring in Art History and hoping to work in the fashion industry in the future.