element5 digital MEzqoN8p6C0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital MEzqoN8p6C0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

#MCM Hank Butler ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Trinity chapter.

Name: Henry “Hank” Butler

Hometown: Norwich, Vermont

Major: Public Policy and Law

Relationship Status: Single 

Involvement on Campus: Business Director and Social Media Chair of The Accidentals, Co-President of Trinity at Kennelly Mentoring Program, Incoming Host of “Trinitea” Talk Show

Describe yourself in three words: Ambitious, Charismatic, Loyal

Favorite Movie: Inglorious Bastards and Wall-E

Go to Outfit: Jeans and a Button-Down

Favorite Off-Campus Eatery: El Serape or Frank Pepe’s

Guilty Pleasure: Adele

Celebrity Crush: Please don’t make me disclose these (these indicates plural because there are many)

Secret Talent: I’m weirdly very flexible

Favorite Song to Sing at the moment: Sexual Healing by Marvin Gaye

Food to Binge Eat: Mozzarella Sticks

Show to Binge Watch: The West Wing

Favorite spot on campus: Chapel Choir Room, Fountain next to Admissions, and Peter B’s because apparently that’s my identifier

Favorite Class Taken at Trinity: Law, Argument, and Public Policy with Professor Cabot, and Urban Politics with Professor Chambers 

Dream Job: Broadcast News Anchor

#1 on your Bucket List: Job after college

Must Have Items: Ben and Jerry’s Ice Cream, Lysol to go, and my phone (mostly for news reading purposes) 

Favorite Spot in Cape Town: Old Biscuit Mill and the top of Table Mountain

Thing that most surprised you in Cape Town: The diversity, and intersection of the first and third world

Best Moment of Abroad: I can’t answer this because there are too many special moments.   One of them was the night that we went to Hout Bay Market, and it’s is something you’ll have to ask me about. Another moment was the spring break trip that I went on to Botswana, as well as Victoria Falls in Zambia and Zimbabwe. It was especially cool since we went to the national park in Zimbabwe where Cecil the Lion was shot just a few weeks before we went there, my girl Chelsey Crabbe wrote a dope Odyssey article about it that’s a must read. 

Advice you’d give to students interested in studying abroad: While I recognize that many people don’t have the interest, nor the academic room in their schedules to study abroad, I strongly recommend doing it. Where you go should be up to you, and trust your gut, because for me that was a tough decision

Thing you’ll miss most about being abroad: The weather I had, the people I met, the wine I drank, and the rand

Thing you’re most looking forward to about being back at Trinity: Being back with my friends, singing with The Accidentals, and hosting Trinitea! 

Kelly is a junior at Trinity College, double majoring in English and American Studies. Besides being the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus, she is a barista at Peter B's Espresso, Features Editor of The Trinity Tripod, and a member of the executive council for SGA.