#MCM Forrest Robinette ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Trinity chapter.

Name: Forrest Robinette

Major: English

Hometown: Knoxville, TN

Involvement on Campus: The Moveable Joints!, Writing Associates Program, Honor Council, Student Admissions Associate

Relationship Status: Single

Describe yourself in three words: Punctual, introverted, zesty

#1 on your Bucket List: Successfully complete a corn maze

Best Thing about Trinity: Very smart and very caring professors

Favorite spot on campus: Cinestudio

Favorite Class: “Melville” with Prof. Hager

Ideal date: Adele concert

Favorite book: Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy

Favorite midnight snack: Pizza Lunchable

Three things you want with you on a desert island: 

1.) Wilson

2.) A small blanket, in case Wilson gets chilly

3.) Scrabble, so that Wilson and I can play Scrabble

Something that people would be surprised to know about you: When I was in first grade, I saw someone with dreadlocks, and I thought they were so cool that I decided I wanted them too. So, from first to fourth grade, I didn’t receive a single haircut (photos upon request), and my parents actually allowed this!

Dream Travel Destination: The Shire

Favorite thing to do off campus: Oh, no-brainer! I would hit up Bowl-O-Rama on the Berlin Turnpike. 24-hour bowling, and it’s the fun kind of skeevy, not the bad kind.

You can ask one famous person – living or dead – one question. Who and what? I would ask Bill Murray, “what did you say to Scarlett Johansson at the end of Lost in Translation?”

If you could have dinner with three people, who would they be?: Rick, Morty, and Abradolf Lincler

Advice you would give to students interested in writing a thesis: Before deciding, be sure that you genuinely enjoy the processes of research and writing. If you do, you’ll work hard on the thesis and come away with something you’re deeply proud of. If not, the writing will feel like a chore, making the project a real drag.

Advice you would give to students interested in studying abroad: Do it! You’ll return feeling refreshed and aware of all that you most appreciate at home.

Kelly is a junior at Trinity College, double majoring in English and American Studies. Besides being the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus, she is a barista at Peter B's Espresso, Features Editor of The Trinity Tripod, and a member of the executive council for SGA.