Her Campus Survival Kit: Spring Break Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Trinity chapter.

The Her Campus Survival Kits have arrived and we couldn’t be more excited about them!

1. Charlotte Tilbury Hot Lips Lipstick Samples

Kim Kardashian West, the make up guru of our generatoin, trusts Charlotte Tilbury for her lipstick needs, so isn’t that incentive enough to want to go out and buy up her lipsticks immediately?  Tilbury debuted her line in 2013 and is now strong women such as Kim K, Nicole Kidman, Cindy Crawford, and Kate Bosworth are flaunting her looks on the red carpet.  And we were lucky enough to try them ourselves!

“I believe that every woman wants to feel beautiful, powerful and sexy and that makeup is a great way to achieve this. Makeup gives you instant confidence. It’s about feeling as fabulous on the outside as you do on the inside.” – Charlotte Tilbury

2.  Erin Condren Planners and Dual-Tip Markers 

How adorable are these planners?  All Erin Condren planners come with an inspriational message or funky pattern that makes keeping organized so much more fun.  They’re also a perfect sizee — not too big that it won’t fit in your backpack, but not too small that you can even read what you wrote.  Oh, and the markers?  Why write with a dull, borning pen when you can color code and brighten up you agenda?!  The markers bring life to the mundane tasts of scheduling and planning.  

3. L’Oreal Sublime Bronze Lotion and Wipes

Fake it til you make it, right ladies?  If you’re not going away for spring break (or if you are and you’re on the paler, more-likely-to-fry-in-the-sun side), then these wipes and lotions are a godsend.  What I love most about L’Oreal’s Sublime Bronze collection is that it doesn’t have that icky self-tanner smell, and it adds a bit of sparkle to your skin.  The wipes also ensure an even tan — just make sure to wash your hands after!!  Pro tip: exfoliate before lotioning up; this gets rid of the dead skin cells and helps not to block your pores, allowing the self tanner to get deeper into your skin.  

For the new way to contour (or “Tantour” as L’Oreal Paris calls it) follow these steps:

1. Cleanse face, preferably with an exfoliator to smooth out skin’s texture. TIP: Use Pure Clay Mask to exfoliate & refine pores.

2. Apply a moisturizer followed by a thin layer of Sublime Bronze Serum all over face for subtle base tan.

3. Apply Sublime Bronze Tinted Lotion only onto natural hollows of the face. TIP: Suck in cheeks.

4. Apply a thing line lightly down the sides of the nose from the bottom of the eyebrow. Leave product on 1/3 hours depending on desired level of tan. Wash off with a facial cleanser. Apply 1-2 times per week to maintain contour results.

4. Juicy Couture Necklace and Tumbler 

And you thought Juicy Couture was only track suits!  That’s so 2000-and late.  Juciy was kind enough to give us this adorable pineapple necklace and sparkly tumbler — that’ll brighten your Monday up!  We entered these items in our Giveaway (winner has been chosen, to be announced later.)

5. Actually She Can 

We were fortunate enough to get a copy of Actually She Can’s success issue (just in time for internship deadlines!)  Actually She Can is all about empowering woman, something Her Campus is passionate about.  Actually She Can has recently launched a mentoring program, and the organization is collaborating with some pretty influential women.

Check out ActuallySheCan.com/Mentorship for more information on the Mentorship Program.

6. Cystex 

Cystex is a girl’s go-to for a UTI.  Cystex gives you pain relief and antibacterial protection.  While Cystex is great while you wait for a doctor to perscribe something for your UTI, Cystex also has products that are great for preventing UTIs, which is espeically awesome if you’re prone to them.

7. Psssst!/Freeman Beauty Dry Shampoo

Any girl who blow dries their hair often (me) knows the importance of dry shampoo.  This dry shampoo comes in a fruity, tropical scent that takes away grease so you can go to your 8:25 a little more presentable.  This formula is lightweight and sucks up product build up and sweat.  Bonus: no dyes, parabans, suflates, petrochemicals, GMOs, or triclosan (all products that can take the life away from your hair over time.)