This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Trinity chapter.

Year: 2013

Major: Art History, Minor: Architectural studies 

Hometown: Simi Valley, Ca

High School: Chaminade College Preparatory 

Where are you working currently? I am the fashion Market assistant at Cosmopolitan, where I assist the Market Director, Shiona Turini and Senior Market Editor, Sarah Conly. 

How did you decide you wanted to work in the fashion industry? I actually did not think fashion would be a career choice for me for a long time (yes, I almost went to med school). But after some research and self-convincing, I decided to apply for a fashion internship, and I haven’t looked back since.

What advice do you have for people trying to enter the industry? If you really want to be involed in the industry, interning is a definite must. And taking full advantage of that internship is the second must. I have seen interns who come in to the office, do what they are told, and leave. It disappoints me to see interns who don’t strive to learn or try to leave a lasting impression. Internships come rare now, as many publications have lost their internship programs due to legal reasons, so treat it as a great opportunity. Learn, have fun, and make connections, even if it is amongst fellow interns. You never know where someone may end up in a year.

Where did you intern while you were at Trinity? Instead of studying abroad my junior year, I spent the year in NYC taking liberal arts courses and interning. My very first internship was at Marie Claire. I then interned at Teen Vogue, where I met my current boss and mentor, Shiona Turini. She brought me along as the Fashion Assistant at CR Fashion Book and then to Cosmopolitan, where I am now.

What is your favorite thing about your job? It sounds sick, but I love how stressful my job is. The day flashes by and I feel a sense of accomplishment at the end of the day. I also love the team I work with at Cosmopolitan and the opportunities I am given. I am never bored!

What is your ultimate career goal? I have many and I think there are several paths I could potentially take, but after establishing my reputation as an editor I would love to be the fashion director of a department store, such as Barneys New York. Either that, or be the Creative Director at a magazine (with my best friend Kristie Dash, who will be Editor in Chief).

What would you recommend to Seniors and Juniors in their job/ internship search? For Juniors: definitely pursue an internship, even if it is not the most ideal place. Internships open doors, allow you to meet many people, and learn how to behave in an office/professional environment. For Seniors: don’t be afraid to apply to a job. Never think you are under qualified or under estimate yourself. Business is mostly a matter of people relations.

Follow her on instragram @hannah_bibb!!!!

I am currently a Junior at Trinity. I'm from Westchester, NY. I am majoring in Art History and hoping to work in the fashion industry in the future.