Halloween Cocktails and Mocktails

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Trinity chapter.

Welcome to Her Campus Trinity’s HALLOWEEK!  To get you in the trick or treating mood, here’s some Halloween themed cocktails (and can be made into mocktails for those of you under 21!) 

Candy Corn Jello Shots

I’m going to give it to you guys straight: candy corn is nasty #sorrynotsorry.  But these jello shots only look like candy corn and thankfully don’t taste like it. 

Small package of Orange Jello (flavor choice is yours as long as it’s orange) Small Package of Yellow Jello (flavor choice is yours as long as it’s yellow) Can of condensed milk 8 Packets of Knox Flavored Gelatin Vodka Peach Shnapps Water Sauce Pan Measuring cup

Step 1: Pour one cup of water into a saucepan bringing it to a boil.  When boiling, pour 2 packages of the gletin into the water and mix until dissolved.  Take off heat and add the yellow jello with 1 cup of vodka. Mix it all together until its all dissolved.  Pour your mixture into a shot glass (about ¼ of a inch.)  Let sit in fridge for 30 mins-1 hour.

Step 2: Basically step 1, however you’re adding a half a cup of peach schnapps and half a cup of vodka (rather than the whole cup.)

Step 3: Bring a cup of water to a boil in a saucepan.  Once boiled, turn the stove off and whisk in 2 packages of the glatin.  Once dissolved, pour in the condensed milk, mixing together well.  You can add alcohol (half a cup) to this layer but it’s not necessary, preferred flavor of vodka to be vanilla vodka.  Pour into glasses and refrigerate for 30 mins-1 hour. 

Caramel Apple Sangria

A very sweet fall treat!

1 bottle of white wine

1 bottle of sparkling apple cider

¼ cup caramel syrup

4 apples, chopped

Make sure your wine and cider are chilled.  Once cold, mix the wine and cider together and add the ¼ of a cup of caramel syrup.  Chop the apples into small cubes and add.  Chill the mixture until you’re ready to serve. 

Spiced Apple Cider Champagne

So easy and sounds so good! Serves 2.

2 ounces of Tennessee Cider (or apple brandy, whichever you can find.)

2 ounces of apple cider

3-4 ounces of chilled champagne

First pour in the cider/brandy.  Then add the champagne and apple cider.  For a fun flair and to make your friends think you’re a Pinterest Princess, throw in a cinnamon stick! Cheers!