Fabulous In-Dorm Recipes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Trinity chapter.

Taco Rice:

First off- I highly recommend purchasing a rice maker. My quality of life improved tenfold after its introduction to my dorm room. They can be wicked affordable too. If you don’t want to invest, you can buy instant white rice as well! As for what you need (most of which you can grab from the bistro):

Rice

Lettuce

Cherry Tomatoes (bonus: mix lime, red pepper, and green onion if you’re feeling extra fancy for a nice pico de gallo!)

Ground Hamburger (meat optional)

Shredded Cheese

Avocado

Salsa

Sour Cream

Curry Rice:

Making curry via microwave is actually totally do-able! Just mix the curry cubes with boiling water and reheat a couple times. Pour on top of rice.

Nutella Hot Chocolate:

This is more for the ladies that have access to a stove and Swiss Miss just isn’t cutting it. Heat up milk in a pot on the stove then gradually add spoonfuls of Nutella. Stir until dissolved. Add to taste. This hot chocolate is so much thicker and creamier than anything you’ll get out of a packet! You can also buy all of the ingredients from the Cave.

Stuffed Baked Potato:

Poke many holes throughout a potato and stick it in the microwave for a few minutes at a time- checking to see when its fully baked. Slice the potato down the middle and fill with butter, shredded cheese, sour cream, and bacon if desired!

Cucumber Salad:

Give the salad bar cucumbers some life with a few extra ingredients: sour cream, fresh dill, and a dash of vinegar. It’s refreshing, easy to make, and healthy!

Waffle Iron Cinnamon Rolls:

If you’re dying for some cinnamon rolls but don’t have an oven, just throw a couple of premade ones in a waffle maker! They’re absolutely delicious and it totally works. It should go without saying, but if you have a waffle iron, then you should also be making waffles in your room!

Meghan is a junior at Trinity with a major in Anthropology and a minor in Writing, Rhetoric, & Media Arts.