The Do’s and Don’ts of Tropical

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Trinity chapter.

Ah, it’s that time of year again. The leaves are changing, the temperature is dropping, and the brand new Psi U pledges are scurrying around campus with tickets to this year’s Tropical Party. As we prepare to dance our leis off to the high-energy sets of DJs The Chainsmokers and Hook N’ Sling, we thought we’d provide a quick refresher on the Dos and Don’ts of Tropical:

Do dress the part. The whole point of Tropical is to beat the autumn cold by celebrating the joys of summer, so have fun with it! Seriously, don’t be afraid to rock a grass skirt or dress like a tacky tourist. Here’s some inspiration:

That said…

Don’t wear a bikini or a coconut bra. Jumping around in a jam-packed crowd, you’re just asking for a wardrobe malfunction. Not to mention you’ll be the only one.

Do get creative with your cocktails. How often do you have an excuse to pregame with drinks like Sex On The Beach?

Don’t try to bring drinks to Tropical. There is no open bar and security will be strict, so you have to be mindful of how much you drink beforehand. Throwing a fun pregame is a definite do, just don’t go overboard! 

Do bring a disposable camera. Those fun disposables at Urban Outfitters that add words and prints were made for events like these! 

Don’t forget to check out The Chainsmokers and Hook N’ Sling on YouTube so you can get even more hyped about the show!