Delicious Fall Cocktail Recipes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Trinity chapter.

The leaves on campus are turning and starting to fall, we have to trade our summer lemonades and smoothies for autumn apple ciders and teas. Now, Parent’s Weekend is just around the corner and Homecoming isn’t far behind it and you’re probably wondering how to prepare for them- don’t worry, I’ve got you covered in the drinks department! I’ve compiled some of Pinterest’s most delicious fall cocktails (which can totally be turned mocktails too) to enjoy this season!

Apple Cranberry Moscow Mule:

What you’ll need:

• ice
  • 4 ounces (or ½ cup) vodka
  • ¼ cup cranberry juice
  • ½ cup sparkling apple juice
  • 2 ginger beers
  • fresh cranberries for garnish

How to make it:

Fill two glasses with ice, then add vodka and cranberry juice. Add the sparking apple juice and fill with ginger beer the rest of the way. Stir, add garnish cranberries, and enjoy!

Plum and Thyme Prosecco Smash:

What you’ll need:

• 2 plums
  • 6 thyme sprigs
  • 1 lemon, juiced
  • 4 tablespoons of thyme simple syrup ( ½ cup of water, ½ cup of granulated sugar, boil, add springs of thyme, stir, cool, and chill in refrigerator )
  • Prosecco

How to make it:

1. Remove skin and chop 2 plums
  2. Muddle plums with the thyme simple syrup and lemon juice
  3. Shake muddled plum mix with ice in a cocktail shaker (if you don’t have one, it’s not the end of the world, just stir the mix well without ice)
  4. Pour over crushed ice in glasses
  5. Fill the rest of the glass with Prosecco
  6. Add some extra plum slices and thyme sprigs for garnish

Vanilla Vodka Chai Tea:

What you’ll need:

• 6 ounces strong Chai Tea (made from 1 tea bag for every 6 ounces of water)
  • 2 ounces vanilla vodka
  • ¾ ounce amaretto liqueur
  • ½ ounce simple sugar (you can always make your own with ½ cup of granulated sugar and ½ cup of water boiled, then cooled and chilled)
  • ½ ounce half & half
  • cinnamon sticks (for garnish, optional)

How to make it:

Boil and seep chai tea bag for 2 to 4 minutes. Cool and refrigerate. Combine the chair tea, vodka, amaretto, simple sugar, and half & half in a cocktail shaker (if you don’t have one, just mix well in a glass). Fill a glass with ice and pour mixture over it. Garnish with optional cinnamon sticks

Mulled Wine:

What you’ll need:

• Merlot
  • ¼ cup brandy
  • 3 cups unsweetened apple cider
  • ¼ cup honey
  • 4 cinnamon sticks
  • 1 vanilla bean cut lengthwise
  • 1 teaspoon cloves
  • 3 star anise
  • 1 cup variety of chopped citrus

How to make it:

1. Combine wine, brandy, apple cider, and honey in a large pot on low-medium heat. Let heat until low boil.
  2. Add cinnamon, vanilla bean, cloves, and star anise. Turn temperature to low and simmer for 30 minutes
  3. Prior to serving, add the citrus and pour into glasses.
  4. Optional: add a cinnamon stick and more chopped citrus for garnish
Meghan is a junior at Trinity with a major in Anthropology and a minor in Writing, Rhetoric, & Media Arts.
Sarah is a sophomore at Trinity College. She is a coxswain on the women's rowing team and is a bae-rista at Peter B's Espresso. Sarah is majoring in Psychology and minoring in Formal Organizations. This summer, Sarah will be be a member of the Product Management team at Acquia in Boston, MA.