Campus Celeb James Burt

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Trinity chapter.

This week’s Her Campus Celeb is our very own James Burt.  While you may have heard of James Burt aka Jimmy for his charismatic personality, hockey presence, or incredible looks, he is also famous for the latest craze taking over social media here at Trinity College, Fake Model Monday.  Fake Model Monday is a Facebook page and Instagram profile where artist Jimmy hand chooses his own “models”.  Jimmy explained how “Fake Model Monday is what he refers to as Monday Sneak Attack’s baby”, the original account which Jimmy had created to showcase some familiar faces on campus.  

As most creative minds do, Jimmy got a bit bored of Monday Sneak Attack.  He used his looks and intelligence to create Trinity’s first Fake Model Monday.  It seems to fit right in with Jimmy’s winning personality since the goal of the account is to “give people something to look forward to, especially on a Monday”.  Jimmy says his favorite part about the account is that no one ever says no.  I mean hey, if you were asked to be one of Jimmy Burt’s fake models wouldn’t you say yes??? I agree with you Jimmy, “That’s cool shit!”.  

I got the chance to catch up with Jimmy and find out some of the logistics of the account.  “We’ve got a team of about 4-6 talent scouts who have been compiling lists for potential models over the past 6 weeks.  A lot of our choosing is based on locations and who we think fits best in them.”  Right now he has a confirmed list of models, and he is definitely on the right track to keep this account buzzing.  I personally was lucky enough to get chance to be bystander in a Fake Model Monday official photo shoot.  Jimmy drove the car, picked up the model, and chose the perfect space, a graffiti wall in an abandoned parking lot, in the middle of downtown Hartford.  Watching Jimmy at work was almost as intriguing as viewing the final post, seen by hundreds at Trinity.  

When I asked Jimmy if he had expected this much of a buzz, he told me how flattered he was by my question.  Please, you are what the people want Jimmy!  He stated that he was worried the first one would not take off but luckily; his good buddy Ethan Holdaway, a handsome fella, caught the student body’s attention right off the bat.  In regards to future plans, the part of this I know you’re all interested in, Jimmy plans on “keeping this bad boy going”!!! 

“I’m hopefully moving to NYC in the summer and planning on getting some NYC inhabitants/tourists involved.  I’m also talking to a few clothing companies that have been featured for possible commission payouts and marketing jobs.  It’ll have to expand before anything too legitimate happens, though.”  Great job Jimmy, we look forward to meeting some new faces and we’re happy Her Campus was able to catch up with the brains of this buzzing operation on campus.  

Currently a Senior at Trinity College with a major of Educational Studies and Special Ed. Four year member and captain of the Women's Basketball Team.
Kelly is a junior at Trinity College, double majoring in English and American Studies. Besides being the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus, she is a barista at Peter B's Espresso, Features Editor of The Trinity Tripod, and a member of the executive council for SGA.