Callum Melrose ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Trinity chapter.

1. Name: Callum Melrose
    Year: 2015
    Major: International Relations
    Hometown: Larchmont, NY

2. What is the No Shave November Campaign? 
The No-Shave November campaign is an event done by The American Cancer Society. The whole idea behind not shaving for the entire month is to embrace facial hair that many cancer patients loose during chemotherapy.

3. What does signing up for it entail? 
Signing up for no shave november entails anyone who is willing to not shave at all, or grow a trimmed style of facial hair e.g. a mustache.

4. How did you become involved with the organization?
 I was planning on not shaving for the month of November anyway and then I found the campaign online and decided to spread awareness on campus.
5. What is your role within it?
 I am the leader of the campaign on Trinity’s campus, but I have also teamed up with Relay for Life because they are fully involved with the American Cancer Society.

6. Are there different college chapters of No Shave November or is it something that exists only on Trinity’s campus?
There are many other chapters of No Shave November, but we are the only one at Trinity.

7. Speaking of, how cane someone participate in the campaign on Trinity’s campus? 
In order to be apart of it at Trinity you have to sign up with me (callum.melrose@trincoll.edu) or have already signed up with our tabling sessions earlier this week. Signing up is easy, just write down your name to not shave and you are automatically entered into a raffle for one of 3 gift cards. A donation is also very encouraged but not required.

Kat is a senior at Trinity College, majoring in American Studies with a concentration in Media and Communications and minoring in English. She serves as the Campus Correspondent for Trinity's chapter of Her Campus and also co-manages The Party of Two, a style blog that she shares with her twin. After graduation, Kat hopes to work in the fashion or editorial field. Apart from their blog, you can also follow Kat and Ash on their Instagram: @thepartyoftwo.