Callan Vessels ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Trinity chapter.

Name: Callan Vessels | Tara Michelle 

Year: 2015

Major: Psychology

Hometown: Darien, CT

What is Tara Michelle?

Tara Michelle started off as a beach cover up line and now has evolved and expanded to include designs that women can wear both on and off the beach.  The collection has clean, and fresh designs that flatter a woman’s body.  Tara Michelle’s mission is to make women feel comfortable, confident, and carefree everyday!

How did you become involved with the company? 

Well, my mom is actually the Tara in Tara Michelle and owns the company with her best friend Michelle.  My mom and her friend Michelle were both 7th avenue veterans with experience in design, merchandising, and retail for women’s clothing.  I became involved in the company the second my mom and Michelle launched their company, helping with inspiration, trend, and design.  

What is your favorite item? 

My favorite item is the Heidi Chase with Navy Embroidery Top.  This is a top that you can wear over a bathing suit with jean shorts to the beach, and it can also be a top that you wear with white jeans out to dinner!

When is Tara Michelle coming to campus? 

Tara Michelle is coming to campus Friday March 6th from 3-6pm at the IVY society.  This is a perfect opportunity to get last minute beach cover ups before spring break!  Everyone is welcome and I hope to see everyone there!

Kat is a senior at Trinity College, majoring in American Studies with a concentration in Media and Communications and minoring in English. She serves as the Campus Correspondent for Trinity's chapter of Her Campus and also co-manages The Party of Two, a style blog that she shares with her twin. After graduation, Kat hopes to work in the fashion or editorial field. Apart from their blog, you can also follow Kat and Ash on their Instagram: @thepartyoftwo.