Blake Lively’s Hair Secret

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Trinity chapter.

So everyone knows Blake Lively.  She’s a human representation of a real life goddness.  When you google her name, the second most popular search is Blake Lively hair. She’s the face of L’Oreal haircare line (are we surprised?) and has shed some light on how she gets those golden locks to look as amazing as they do.  

Luckily, Blake’s secret is super simple, and not too hard to not incorporate into your daily ritual.  Blake told POPSUGAR that she only trusts expensive haircare lines (as do I, there is a real difference between drug store and salon brand.)  That being said, not all drug store brands are tragic — never use Pantene, try to stick to L’Oreal, as well as try to use Sulfate free shampoos.  

For Blake’s real secret, she says that she doesn’t usually use any regular condidtioner.  She uses a deep conditioner mask daily.  Regarless, you should use a deep conditioner weekly, and if you do, you can feel how touchibly softer your hair is.  “I rarely use a conditioner,” Blake said.  “I always use a mask, so I always rinse it out and leave like 5 percent of the mask in. I feel like my hair drinks it up. If I know I need to style it a very curly [way], then I do a little less, or I’ll use a conditioner instead.”  Blake says she loves the L’Oreal hair masks.  Remember to not use too much or you’ll make the roots super greasy. 

My personal preference for hair masks are:

This one is really good if you typically use some kind of hot tools.  The “Nutri-Thermique” reacts with heat to really lock in your style.

Living Proof is great for your hair — Jennifer Aniston (hair queen) owns this brand.  All their products are sulfate and sulfur free.

This drug store treasure is great for damaged hair that craves moisture.  Also, it smells amazing!