Winter Wonderland Manicure-In 4 Easy Steps!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

If you ever wanted an easy way to switch up your nails without paying to go to the salon – here you go! This manicure can be done with any 3 colors of your choice, but I chose these colors because they reminded me of snow!  

From left to right (Charocal by Love & Beauty, French Manicure by GHP, Cyberspace by Milani)

The first thing you need to do is remove any nail polish you have on! Pick a color for your base coat (the darkest color of your 3 would look best here.) Paint each of your nails with your base color, I used Charcoal.  Try not to make it too thick, since you’ll be painting on top of it. 

After you paint the base, let your nails dry completely. Be patient, it will pay off. Pick your next color. I picked white to use second because I wanted the tips of my nails to be glittery, so I saved that for last. IN this step, you need to make sure your brush has enough polish on it to make a round edge when you paint your nail. Make 3 vertical strokes from one side of the nail to the opposite side, growing shorter with each stroke. It should look something like this.

If you wanted to, you could leave the manicure like this, but I wanted to go the extra step. After letting the polish dry completely, take your third color and repeat the previous step, but with even shorter strokes.

Let it dry, and you’re done! You can put a clear top coat if you’d like to make it last a little longer. It might take a few tries to get it how you like it. I hope you enjoyed!

Alexandra (Ali) Pannoni is a senior at Towson University majoring in journalism with a minor in theatre. She is the founder and editor-in-chief of Her Campus Towson. As the Campus Celebrity columnist for Her Campus Towson, Ali has interviewed Country Music Superstar Chuck Wicks and Major League Baseball Player Casper Wells. In Spring 2012 she was an editorial intern with Baltimore magazine. Currently she is an intern for the nationally syndicated radio morning show, The Kane Show, heard locally on HOT 99.5 in Washington D.C. and Z104.3 in Baltimore.  You can view some of her published work for Baltimore magazine on her website. She loves reading magazines, (attempting) to run, and hanging out with friends and family.