Wine and Dine Yourself

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

One of my good friends recently told me that if she is ever going through a rough time whether it be a breakup or stress from school, she takes herself on a date.

I’ve slowly grown accustomed to looking forwards to nights spent only with myself. Or as I like to put it: me, myself and wine. Here are a few great ways to unwind after a stressful day and to truly appreciate yourself just by being you.

1. Clean your room. As odd as it sounds, I never can truly relax if my bed isn’t made or if there are clothes thrown across my floor. Putting everything in its place and having clean sheets to bundle up into is surprisingly relaxing and satisfying.

2. Buy yourself flowers. Who says women need men to buy them a dozen red roses? I say, go to your nearest store and buy some daisy’s, sunflowers or whatever your favorite is. Anything bright and colorful is an instant decoration for your room and will make you feel right at home.

3.     Wine. What can I say? I love my wine. Whether it’s a red Merlot or Pinot Grigio, pick your favorite and have a toast to yourself. You’re awesome. And so is that wine.

4. After that wine, a cup of tea is always a great thing. It’s like a big hug in a cup. Some of my favorites are by Celestial Seasonings, including Country Peach Passion, Cinnamon Apple Spice and Sleepytime Vanilla (Vanilla lovers, rejoice).

5.     Candles. It’s a bit of a cliché but who doesn’t love candles?  Bath and Body Works is candle heaven and they are coming out with new summer scents. Don’t blame me for your newfound obsession!

6.     Bake something. Cupcakes, muffins, cookies. There’s something incredibly relaxing about baking and after you’re done you don’t have to share with anyone. It’s all yours and you don’t even have to pretend to be guilty.  Or you can just eat all that cookie dough because it’s better than the cookies anyway.

That’s a scoop of heaven right there.