This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

As I’m sure all of you TU Tigers have noticed, the weather has been absolutely ridiculous lately. All throughout April, it was 50 degrees one day and 70 degrees the next. The weather was teasing us with the sweet taste of spring, like the cruel and elusive temptress that she is. Before last month, I had never been a big fan of the phrase “blue balls,” but there is no other way to describe how I felt about the weather. I was still filled with hope though, filled with dreams of May as I browsed through old-school, Ramen Noodle hair JT memes. It was gonna be May.

May is an incredibly promising month in general: May the 4th (be with you), Cinco de Mayo, end of the semester and/or graduation, all of the summer blockbusters start coming out. It’s a great month. May is the temporal embodiment of joy, seasonal allergies be damned!

But, like me when I play the Sims, the weather decided that it was time to mess with all of us and watch what happened. Luckily, she didn’t make us swim in the pool and delete the pool ladder so we had to swim to our deaths (which I definitely didn’t do…definitely not…yeah…). But, weather still reared her ugly head and ruined everything.

I’m pretty sure the age old adage, handed down from generation to generation, goes something like: April showers bring May flowers. But, what happened at the very beginning of May? It freaking rained.

I’m sure this would not seem like a big deal to the average person, but I have bangs and hair that naturally curls on one side and falls wavy-verging-on-flat on the other side. So, I have really strong feelings about the weather. And, judging by my hair, I feel that they are justified.

And, as though the rain wasn’t enough, it’s also kind of warm outside some days, so if you’re wearing a hooded raincoat to protect your hair (like I do, because I’m a very protective person and do everything I can to keep what I care about safe), when you take off your hood, your hair is gross and matted to your forehead because you’ve been sweating under it.

I know what you’re thinking. “But, Katie, why don’t you put hairspray on your hair?” You think I haven’t tried that one? It’s the first thing I did. But if you get your hair wet with hairspray and not while you’re washing it, your hair gets sticky and gross and you can’t pull it apart. “Well, why don’t you stop using hairspray?” Are you not listening to me?! See above, where I describe my hair texture and the fact that I have bangs.

All I’m saying is, the weather is being kind of a huge jerk right now. I feel personally attacked, and as finals near, it is not helping with the stress I am under at all.

So, weather, you need to reevaluate the choices you’re making and the effect they have on everybody else. Take a good long look at yourself in the mirror and think about what you’ve done. And, if you can’t find a mirror, you can just look into one of the freaking puddles you’ve created with all of the freaking rain.

Katie is a senior, and mass communications major on the advertising track with a minor in electronic media and film. Katie loves movies, especially Clue, but the full list is much longer! Her hobbies include writing, watching hilarious YouTube videos, listening to old '80s hits on repeat, and learning all about the hot new memes. 
Her Campus

Towson '25