Top Five Summer Must Haves On A Budget

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

Want to go shopping for ne w summer clothes, but are on a limited budget? I got you covered. Here’s my top five picks for the best summer fashion items.

Heart Shaped Sunglasses

Where to find these: Urban Outfitters – Heartbreaker Sunglasses: $16.00

What’s more fun than heart shaped sunglasses? Seen on celebrities like Selena Gomez and Lady Gaga, these stylish shades add a cute touch to any summer outfit without being over the top.

Turban Head bands

Where to find this: Forever 21 Head wrap – $3.80  

Turban style headbands are in stores everywhere, creating a fun and easy way to do something unique to your hair! Instead of wearing a regular headband, turban headbands go across the forehead and outside of the hair. It gives an Indian-style look that’s perfect for the sunny seasons.

Ruffle Bikinis

Where to find this:  Target Xhilaration Junior’s Ruffle Leopard Print Bikini –$30.00

Bikinis with ruffles have been around for decades. What makes them so special? The ruffles add an extra umph to cleavage that makes the bust appear a little bigger, and the entire body appear slimmer. This is a fabulous fit for any girl!

High-Waisted Denim Shorts

Where to find these: Go Jane Distressed High-Waisted Shorts – $38.80

High-Waisted shorts are a great laid-back piece of clothing to pair with almost any top. They make the waist appear ten times thinner and enhance the figure at the same time.  On the beach, in the mall, or even just hanging out with friends, high-waisted shorts are comfortable bottoms that can be worn pretty much anywhere!

Tan Towels

Where to find these: Ulta Tan Towel 5 Full Body Towelettes – $24.00

Tanning in the sun has been linked to early skin aging, so what’s better than a non-streaking self-tanner? Unlike self-tanning lotion, tan towels are towelettes that you rub on the body giving a long lasting streak-free tan. It dries instantly and appears as soon as two to four hours. You can also apply it on the face!

What’s your favorite summer trend? Let me know in the comments!

Writer for Her Campus!
Alexandra (Ali) Pannoni is a senior at Towson University majoring in journalism with a minor in theatre. She is the founder and editor-in-chief of Her Campus Towson. As the Campus Celebrity columnist for Her Campus Towson, Ali has interviewed Country Music Superstar Chuck Wicks and Major League Baseball Player Casper Wells. In Spring 2012 she was an editorial intern with Baltimore magazine. Currently she is an intern for the nationally syndicated radio morning show, The Kane Show, heard locally on HOT 99.5 in Washington D.C. and Z104.3 in Baltimore.  You can view some of her published work for Baltimore magazine on her website. She loves reading magazines, (attempting) to run, and hanging out with friends and family.