This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

Oh pizza, where do I begin? 

From your crunchy crust to your beautiful saucy and cheesy center, I cannot and will never see a life without you.

Whether it’s pick up or deliver, sit down or homemade I know that I can count on you to satisfy my rumbling stomach and crazy appetite. Every bite is a visit to heaven, and every slice is a gift from the gods (pizza gods of course). Pizza, you come in so many different styles and flavors. From the classic cheese to the unorthodox BBQ chicken, from the meatlovers to the veggie for vegetarians, there is so much variety and imagination that you come with. The traditional margherita pizza is to die for, but why not try spaghetti pizza (yes, you read that right) or a carmelized pizza that’s served with a salad on top (California style). You are something that no one will ever be tired of. 

You come in so many different shapes and sizes, a person can get a personalized pizza that is just the right size for one. A pizza can be large enough to feed a couple on their first date, and by stacking a few pizzas on one another you can serve it to a whole family. Pizza can be cut and served in so many different ways. There’s square or rectangular pizza that can be cut on corners, and pizza pies that make the infamous triangle shape cut. No matter what way people like to eat, you still are able to make people’s eyes roll in the back of their heads and have complete smiles of bliss.  

Our lives wouldn’t be the same withou you, pizza. Where would we be without pizza served at birthday parties, where would we be without pizza on late night study sessions in the library? College campuses would be useless without the $1 pizza that college clubs give out to students walking on campus. Nights out at parties and bars would be worthless without the close by pizza place (Season’s anyone?) where we can all trip through the door and spend our money frivolously just so that we can stuff our faces with pizza. 

Thank you pizza for literally being on every corner of Towson, from Seasons to Pasta Mista, Pizan’s, Strapazza, Two Boots, Dominoes, Papa John’s, Pizza Hut, and Ledo’s; the list goes on and on. Wherever you are and whatever the time there are more than several of these places that  are open, and thank you for that. When the night gets crazy, emotional, hectic, stressful, or depressing you are always there pizza, to put smiles on faces, and to provide your cheesy goodness. 

And thank you pizza for always being there when I don’t want just something salty and savory, but also sweet and delicious. A smores pizza can set the mood of a night out at a campfire, with it’s gooey marshmallows and chocolate melting off the sides of the crust. Going to Italy is never the same when you try a pizza with nutella spread in thick layers and is served on a metal platter already prepped and sliced.

Life would be nonexistent without you pizza, and I would just like to thank you for being there for me through thick and thin. Whether I need you to satisfy a hunger, or get me through a rough time in life.

THANK YOU.

I'm a sophomore at Towson University, and am originally from Gaithersburg, MD. I'm double majoring in advertising and public relations, with a minor in marketing and Italian. I love fashion, photography, playing the violin, listening to all types of music, history, and going on adventures with friends.
Her Campus

Towson '25