A Tall Girl’s Guide to Jeans

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

Are you a girl 5’7″ or above who has trouble finding jeans that pass your ankle, fit well, look cute, AND are affordable?

Well, look no more because Her Campus will be recommending three brands to you that will not only satisfy your fit needs, but your style needs as well.

1. Asos

Asos offers a wide-range of jeans (1,180 styles to be exact) with categories like style, size, range, color, price range, asos jean style, and denim wash color that makes finding the perfect jeans easy. Asos carries 29, 32, and 34 inseams of most of their jeans; as a 5’7-something girl with long legs, I’ve found that the 34 inseam leaves enough room for me to cuff my jeans but can be worn uncuffed without excessive bunching. However, if you’re looking for extra length, the inseam of the ASOS Tall jeans are 36″…that’s right, 36 inches! These jeans come in the form of skinny, flared, bootcut, jegging, boyfriend, girlfriend, mom, straight, wide, slim, and crop so all of you tall beauties will have plenty of choices when it comes to choosing the perfect jean that fits your personal style! These jeans sell anywhere between $15 and $430; it all depends on the style, cut, brand, and size you choose.  Fun Fact:Asos also has an awesome student portal where you can get 10% of your order off by verifying your school email! Below are a few photos of the types of jeans Asos offers:

2. Abercrombie & Fitch

Abercrombie & Fitch has come a long way from our being our big sibling’s favorite place to shop in 2010. Abercrombie & Fitch now offer premium jeans in various styles, wash shades, and sizes. With Abercrombie & Fitch’s new focus on their jeans, they have made long jeans actually long! Abercrombie & Fitch’s wide range of jeans to choose from (98 to be exact) is made easy by being able to categorize them by style, size, color, rise, and detailing. The 98 styles of jeans offered by Abercrombie & Fitch come in the form of ankle, jegging, ultra skinny, super skinny, straight, girlfriend, boyfriend, bootcut, skinny flare, and wide leg jeans available in high waist, mid-rise, and low-rise styles. All Abercrombie & Fitch jeans are available in 29, 31, and 33 lengths. Again, as a 5’7-something girl with long legs I am able to comfortably roll the extra hem of the jeans without exposing too much ankle and I can wear them uncuffed as well. I personally find the high waisted, super skinny jeans very flattering on my body type so I would encourage all of you tall goddesses to take a trip to the store to try some on! These jeans are listed at a starting price of $78 BUT do not let that discourage you! Nearly everyday Abercrombie & Fitch has an online and in-store promotion of their jeans that make them $39! Super affordable, right!? Below are a few photos of the types of jeans Abercrombie & Fitch offer:

3. Fashion Nova ​​

I know what you’re thinking…”Isn’t Fashion Nova the place those instagram girls shop?” The answer is yes, but hear me out! There have been plenty of testimonies from customers over the heigh of 5’7″ who say the jeans are not only super flattering but also incredibly affordable. Fashion Nova is definitely the most cost effective of the bunch with 257 different jean options. Below are the types of jeans Fashion Nova has to offer:

Now that I have given you the best three places to find great jeans at an affordable price, go out there and buy yourself a pair! There’s no need to be afraid of buying jeans as a tall girl if you know where to shop!

Until next time, HCXO

"Today I choose life. Every morning when I wake up I can choose joy, happiness, negativity, pain... To feel the freedom that comes from being able to continue to make mistakes and choices - today I choose to feel life, not to deny my humanity but embrace it." - Kevyn Aucoin ♡     Dominique Melton Dominique Melton is a student at Towson University studying Mass Communication with a track in Public Relations with a minor in Business Administration. She dreams to work in the fashion industry once she graduates, as she has not only a passion for writing but fashion as well.  Speaking of her passions she also loves: • live music • photography • singing • shopping • health/fitness   Fun facts about her include: • She's been to 151 concerts and listens to everything from rock to r&b, edm to alternative, indie to hip-hop, and blues to pop • She's a girl who can code! • She loves to learn which makes for great conversation • She is a massive One Direction fan and knows everything about them...literally everything • She learned how to play the piano and guitar by ear • She has performed at the Kennedy Center in Washington, D.C.   You can follow her on Twitter here and Instagram here!
Her Campus

Towson '25