Student Launches Social Media Campaign To Bring Taylor Swift To Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

Every year Towson has two events that are expected to host celebrities; Homecoming and Tigerfest. This year, many students are hoping to win the chance to get one particular celebrity to make a special appearance in October, Taylor Swift.

One student has made it her personal mission to get T-Swift to campus. Nichole Pacifico created the Facebook event “TAYLOR SWIFT @ TOWSON UNIVERSITY. VOTE!” to help bring awareness to other students. “I saw a tweet go out from taylornation13 (her promo people) and one from Taylor herself advertising the contest. Being a huge Taylor fan, I jumped on the opportunity to get the word out to Towson!” said Nichole. She has been to five Taylor Swift concerts and even met her in person twice. “My three favorite songs are Our Song, Sparks Fly, and Eyes Open. Some of my professors even call me Taylor Swift in class, weird right?!”

Students have the opportunity to vote daily, until September 23rd, by going to the contest website, taylorswiftoncampus.com. They can also gain extra points for their school by liking the Facebook page of the contest sponsors or buy purchasing Taylor’s new single We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together on iTunes. The Facebook event has almost 500 students “attending” and Towson has collected over 3,500 votes towards the contest. The top 5 schools will be awarded $10,000 towards their music department and the number one school will enjoy a Taylor Swift performance on campus the week of October 15th.

Winners will be announced October 5th so if you’re a big Taylor fan like Nichole, keep the votes for Towson coming.

Erin is a Mass Communications student at Towson University studying Journalism, Advertising and Public Relations. She is the Editor-In-Chief, Campus Correspondent and President of Her Campus Towson. Erin has been writing for Her Campus Towson since fall 2011 and worked as an intern for Sister 2 Sister Magazine in summer 2013. She competed in the 2012 Miss Maryland USA pageant and has since done some print modeling as a hobby. 
Alexandra (Ali) Pannoni is a senior at Towson University majoring in journalism with a minor in theatre. She is the founder and editor-in-chief of Her Campus Towson. As the Campus Celebrity columnist for Her Campus Towson, Ali has interviewed Country Music Superstar Chuck Wicks and Major League Baseball Player Casper Wells. In Spring 2012 she was an editorial intern with Baltimore magazine. Currently she is an intern for the nationally syndicated radio morning show, The Kane Show, heard locally on HOT 99.5 in Washington D.C. and Z104.3 in Baltimore.  You can view some of her published work for Baltimore magazine on her website. She loves reading magazines, (attempting) to run, and hanging out with friends and family.