This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

Halloween is for sure one of the most enjoyable holidays we come across! You can dress up as whatever you like, hang out with some family and friends and get some tasty treats. While all of those things sound exciting, there are a few things we should keep in mind for this upcoming Halloween. Being safe is huge must do for Halloween and with the following guidelines you can ensure your safety!

First, wear a comfortable costume. You’re going to be on your feet a lot as well as moving so you want to be as comfortable as possible.

Second, go out with a group so you are never by yourself. It’s best to stay with a group that way you are never by yourself and do not walk with someone you don’t know

Third, if you are driving somewhere be sure to read parking signs. All parking varies from different places and regulations may change due to Halloween.

You never know what predicament you may end up in so be sure your phone is fully charged to get in contact with anyone you may need to!

Lastly, if you plan on drinking, do not leave your drink unattended. Anything can happen if you are not paying attention to your drink or if it is not in your posession. Also, do not take drinks from someone you don’t know.

Most importantly, Be safe this Halloween and have fun!