One Skirt 5 Ways: How to Transition Your Maxi Skirt Into Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

Choose a knit maxi like this one in a neutral color that can be worn all year round. This will give you a multitude of options! This one’s from TJ Maxx and cost only $25… not bad for something you’ll wear all the time!

Look One: Boho Chic

Layers will keep you nice and warm on a fall day. Try adding something unique like this lace vest to make the look your own. A flouncy blouse and brown boots gives it an ultra-relaxed look.

Look Two: Weekend Casual

A simple t-shirt and brown boots are super comfortable in combination with this skirt. Add a bright scarf and messenger bag to pull everything together and add functionality.

Look Three: Glam it Up

Layers and layers of chunky jewelry and this shimmery top from Forever 21 adds instant glam along with a pair of nude heels.

Look Four: Warm and Cozy

A long t-shirt, boots, and a fuzzy vest add warmth and comfort as well as a tough of chic to this outfit.

Look Five: Preppy

This striped turtleneck is just as classic as it is chic. Pile on gold jewelry to add a touch of glamour and luxury!

My name is Christine Long. I am a senior at Towson University studying to become an art teacher. I am currently the Arts Director and Secretary for Her Campus Towson. This will be my third year working on the HC team and I am excited to continue working for the group!