This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

It’s time. Finals week is coming up, how can this already be happening? A couple of weeks ago we were freezing our asses off walking to class, and now the weather is gorgeous, the birds are chirping, the bees buzzing… and it’s at this moment we have to start finals? Are you kidding me?!

Although we all love being outside in our spring clothes being one on one with amazing Mother Nature, we are instead spending our time in stuffy rooms drinking coffee, wearing sweatpants and t-shirts under a florescent light bulb, studying with our eyes glued to our laptops. But hold on, where are the notes on your screen? Is that Frank Underwood boiling up a nasty scheme on House of Cards, is that Frank Armisen and Carrie Brownstein doing their Lance and Nina skit on Portlandia?

Netflix is the number one reason why people fail exams in college.

That’s totally a lie, but, if you don’t start studying for your exams and continue watching Netflix for the next two hours you will totally not do okay on exams. This doesn’t mean that you can’t watch Netflix at all during finals week (I think I know people who would rather burn alive) but you should take more time to study, than to binge watch Gossip Girl (if that’s still a thing).

What I like to do during finals or when studying in general is to study for an hour, an hour and a half, and then take a 25-30 minute break where I can do whatever I want (sometimes, okay, most of the time I watch Netflix). Doing this will keep you from over studying while at the same time will allow you to take a break and do something that you actually want to do. Watching Netflix will actually allow you to relax a little and will allow you to let go of the stress that takes over when you are studying.

If you don’t like to study in brief segments and rather like studying four hours or more at a time, then maybe it is best to make Netflix a goal at the very end of your day. When you are to exhausted or brain dead to keep studying, but feel that you have met your goal for the day you can make Netflix your “treat” and you can finally allow yourself to watch “The Babadook” (DO IT, best movie ever).

If you are struggling to keep away from Netflix and simply cannot study maybe it would be best to print out your notes or use written notes to study for the test. Put your laptop in a drawer or have your roommate hide it (seriously) so that you can forget about Netflix for a while and focus on studying. When you think you have studied enough, or have finished doing what you need to do, you can finally pull out your laptop and watch an episode.

Hopefully these tips will help you out, it may be really hard to keep away from Netflix when you’re already doing something you hate, but remember that you’re grades are way more important. There’s only a couple of more weeks left! It’s time to kill these exams! 

I'm a sophomore at Towson University, and am originally from Gaithersburg, MD. I'm double majoring in advertising and public relations, with a minor in marketing and Italian. I love fashion, photography, playing the violin, listening to all types of music, history, and going on adventures with friends.