Music Monday: October 7

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

Another weekend has ended, we hope those who spent time with their families had a memorable weekend together, and those who didn’t had equal the fun! The Homecoming concert was Sunday, but there are more festivities to come! The Homecoming Block Party is on Tuesday and the Football game is Saturday! Make sure you participate in all the events to show your tiger spirit! Her Campus Towson is having our own booth, so make sure you stop by! This week’s playlist is all about getting out and having fun, to inspire you to get out and about this week! 

First is “The Mother We Share” by CHVRCHES, who together have a bit of techno and pop to them. 

You have to remember “Get Lucky” by Daft Punk from the radio this summer. 

Kanye West’s highly anticpated album, “Yeezus,” dropped this year and his song “New Slave” seemed to be finding its way on everyone’s radar.

This girl group of all sisters has been slowly climbing their way to the top with “Falling” by Haim.

“Spectrum” by Zedd is a sure fire to make everyone get excited to go out.

“Beam Me Up,” this underrated EDM track by Cazzette is something you’ll get hooked on.

Zedd’s new single with Hayley Williams is going to be on your playlist before the radio has a chance to grab it.

Phoneix’s “Entertainment” has you ready to get out and entertain yourself with friends.

Before their hit song “I Choose U,” Timeflies put together their version of “Under the Sea.”

Icona Pop is more than “I Love It.” “In the Stars” has a catchy beat that I love to play.

The week is just beginning but get ready for all the fun to come. Homecoming has already begun but the events keep on coming. Make sure you attend as many Tiger events as possible and get involved! Use this playlist to get ready or to get everyone in the mood!

Emily is a sophomore at Towson University majoring in Mass Communications with a concentration in journalism. She enjoys writing, listening to music, and going to concerts. She writes for Towson's newspaper (www.thetowerlight.com), on Tumblr (www.emilyimagines.tumblr.com), or on her Twitter (@dinoemmie). This is her second year on the HCTU staff and she is currently Vice President, She also enjoys creating graphics, marketing, and advertising. Emily aspires to be a magazine editor. 
Her Campus

Towson '25