Music Monday: August 26

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

Welcome back to Tiger Town, tigers! Since this is the first Monday where we will all be back in the glorious city of Towson, it seems fitting to have the first playlist be all about tigers! Welcome new tigers, returning tigers, and tiger staff! We hope you had a great summer and are ready for the great year ahead! Get back into your tiger feet with this playlist

First up is the the TU Anthem, courtesy of the Towson Ambassadors! 

Next up is “I Tell ‘Em Towson University” by Sharpened Crayons, a band of Towson alumni, who shared their musical tribute to our school! 

The Towson fight song! This musical number is sure to get you in the Tiger spirit! Get ready to sing along during the many Towson games and events hosted throughout the year! 

He wasn’t able to perform at last year’s Tigerfest, but Wiz Khlaifa’s “Black and Yellow” still reps a part of Towson’s school colors! Go ahead and blast this song while unpacking or just as background music as you gather with friends!

Motivational, but also extrememly relevant, “Eye of the Tiger” by Surivior describes the Towson spirit! Get motivated for classes and rocking this year at Towson with this song! 

A little Elvis Presley never hurt a playlist! “Tiger Man” is a great rock song to add to the mix! 

This song isn’t about tigers, but it’s written by Tyga! “Rack City” is one of his most popular songs, and its upbeat, so why not use it get pumped?

“The Hangover” was one of those classic movies that has been quoted for years after it was released. Everyone know’s Stu’s “Tiger Song,” so why not reminise and belt it out with some friends, old or new?!

Add a little dance to your step with “Tiger” by ABBA. 

The Soledad Brothers wrote “Cage the Tiger” about Seigfreid and Roy’s rambuctious tiger. Don’t let anyone tame your tiger spirit this year! 

That wraps it up for this week’s playlist, stay tuned and subscribe to our YouTube channel to see what we’re listening to, and maybe get an advanced sneak peek at future playlists! Have a great week back Tigers, we’re glad to be together again! 

Emily is a sophomore at Towson University majoring in Mass Communications with a concentration in journalism. She enjoys writing, listening to music, and going to concerts. She writes for Towson's newspaper (www.thetowerlight.com), on Tumblr (www.emilyimagines.tumblr.com), or on her Twitter (@dinoemmie). This is her second year on the HCTU staff and she is currently Vice President, She also enjoys creating graphics, marketing, and advertising. Emily aspires to be a magazine editor. 
Her Campus

Towson '25