This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

Happy Monday girls! As you know, there was a tragedy at the Boston marathon last week. We hope all our Her Campus Boston girls are safe, send out prayers and hopes for speedy recoveries to the injured, and sympathize with the families who lost their loved ones. This is a horrible tragedy and touched all of our hearts.

In honor of the traumatic event, this week’s playlist is dedicated to Boston and its recovery. There were so many songs to pick from about the great city of Boston, and these were my favorite. The playlist includes “Boston” by Augustana, “The Boston Drama” by Typecast, “Sweet Caroline” by Neil Diamond, “M.T.A.” by the Kingston Trio, “Ladies of Cambridge” by Vampire Weekend, “Normal Town” by Better Than Ezra, “Back to Boston” by the Rosebuds, “Dirty Water” by the Standells, “For Boston” by Dropkick Murphys, and “She’s From Boston” by Kenny Chesney. 

Today we had a bake sale and donated part of our proceeds to Boston relief. Thank you to everyone who came by and donated! We hope everyone in Boston is well, and send our best wishes. Have a great week ladies, and keep Boston in your thoughts. 

Emily is a sophomore at Towson University majoring in Mass Communications with a concentration in journalism. She enjoys writing, listening to music, and going to concerts. She writes for Towson's newspaper (www.thetowerlight.com), on Tumblr (www.emilyimagines.tumblr.com), or on her Twitter (@dinoemmie). This is her second year on the HCTU staff and she is currently Vice President, She also enjoys creating graphics, marketing, and advertising. Emily aspires to be a magazine editor. 
Her Campus

Towson '25