Mr. Towson Freshman 2016 Contest

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

Cast your vote for this year’s Mr. Towson Freshman!  Check out all 10 of the contestants below and make sure to vote for your favorites HERE

Contestant #1: Edwin Drijas

Major: Business

Where you live on campus: Off-campus at the Colony

Relationship status: Single

What you look for in a girl: Smart, funny, easy going, and likes sports

Any talents you may have: I can juggle

What you do for fun on campus: Hang out with friends, go play basketball at the gym

Fun facts about you: Favorite color is blue, I’ve been skydiving, favorite thing to eat is sushi

Three words to describe yourself: Adventurous, outgoing, and funny

What is your favorite movie: Happy Gilmore

Favorite Book: Cat and the Hat

Contestant #2: Kyle Barry

Major: English Education/ Women’s and Gender Studies

Where you live on campus: Douglass

Relationship status: Single

What you look for in a GUY: I like to look for boys who are not afraid to be themselves in public and overall confidence and a nice smile is a must for me. I also like when boys are protective of me.

Any talents you may have: I am just a hot mess that is all!

What you do for fun on campus: I like to run. read, go out with friends around Towson!

Fun facts about you: I love Nicki Minaj, I love the beach and summer, I am from NJ, and I am very gullible! I also won biggest gossip, and most likely to brighten your day in high school!

Three words to describe yourself: Bubbly, Friendly, and Lively

What is your favorite movie: Mean Girls

Favorite Book: White Girl Problems– Babe Walker

And anything you would like Her Campus Towson to know: I am very involved with many activities and I easily can talk and be friends with anybody!

Contestant #3: Jae Kim

Major: Nursing

Where you live on campus: Douglass

Relationship status: Single

What you look for in a relationship: A person with a caring and gentle heart who is spontaneous and supportive.

Any talents you may have: I’m in a capella group in Towson called the Purrrfect Pitch! Come to our concerts, oh and I can do the “ariel”

What you do for fun on campus: EATING. The food here are so good! I really need to start going to the gym…

Fun facts about you: My great-grandfather was from the Soviet Union, so I’m technically a hybrid of asian and caucasian race

Three words to describe yourself: Attentive, Curious, Open-Minded

What is your favorite movie: Tangled & Into The Wild

Favorite Book: The Perks of Being a Wallflower & The Great Gatsby

And anything you would like Her Campus Towson to know: I’ll see you around on campus!

Contestant #4: Eric Williams

Major: Business Administration

Where you live on campus: Douglass

Relationship status: Single

What you look for in a girl: Pretty eyes, beautiful smile, and a great sense of humor.

Any talents you may have: I can juggle and solve a rubik’s cube.

What you do for fun on campus: Play basketball at burdick and hang out with friends.

Fun facts about you: I played football in high school and I am currently pledging SAE.

Three words to describe yourself: Sociable, confident, and responsible.

What is your favorite movie: Donnie Darko

Favorite Book: Flowers for Algernon

And anything you would like Her Campus Towson to know: I am very willing to meet new people so feel free to come and talk to me and introduce yourself.

Contestant #5: Matthew Huewe

Major: Pre-Physical Therapy

Where you live on campus: Residence Tower

Relationship status: Single

What you look for in a girl: Beautiful eyes, nice smile, athletic, likes sports, a best friend

Any talents you may have: Singing

What you do for fun on campus: Go to the gym, hang with friends, meet new people

Fun facts about you: Always like to be with people, love to sing, sports are a passion as well

Three words to describe yourself: Fun-loving, athletic, trustworthy

What is your favorite movie: Step Brothers

Favorite Book: ESPN the magazine

And anything you would like Her Campus Towson to know: I love everything about Towson, the people, the campus, and especially the spirit. I can say that I do bleed black and gold. GO TIGERS.

Contestant #6: Benjamin Vershel

Major: Undecided

Where you live on campus: Tubman

Relationship status: Single

What you look for in a girl: A girl who is charming, honest, and supportive!

Any talents you may have: I can tell really corny jokes and pick up lines ;)

What you do for fun on campus: In my free time, I enjoy spending time with my friends and creating good memories.

Fun facts about you: I love helping making people happy, I love listening to music, and I am terrified of bugs

Three words to describe yourself: Caring, Funny, and Nice

What is your favorite movie: Marley & Me

Favorite Book: Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson

Contestant #7: Brandon Sacks

Major: Psychology

Where you live on campus: Douglass

Relationship status: Taken

What you look for in a girl: Intelligent, comedic, caring, open around me, fun to be around

Any talents you may have: Math, all around athlete, bilingual (Spanish), multimedia production, time management

What you do for fun on campus: Relax, work with WMJF-TV (the school tv station), go to Burdick and work out

Fun facts about you: I competed multiple times in an international soccer tournament, I’m hosting a segment on Towson Sports Weekly about professional sports

Three words to describe yourself: Confident, easy-going, pleasant

What is your favorite movie: Forrest Gump

Favorite Book: Jurassic Park

And anything you would like Her Campus Towson to know: I’ve been on tv and an online newspaper before

Contestant #8: J.T Elsasser

Major: Undecided

Relationship Status: In a relationship

What you look for in a girl: Smart, athletic, nice smile, fun to be around

Any talents you may have: Basketball, baseball, can touch my nose with my tongue

What you do for fun on campus: Work out in the gym, play basketball, hangout with friends, sleep

Fun facts about me: From Long Island, NY, J.T. stands for Jonthomas, was the only one from my graduating class to attend Towson

Three words to describe yourself: Athletic, funny, smart

Favorite movie: I Love You Man

Favorite book: Captain Underpants

Anything I would like Her Campus Towson to know: I can take a girl on a solid date

Contestant #9: Abhay Uppal

Major: Undecided, most likely Business Marketing

Where you live on campus: Tower D

Relationship status: Single

What you look for in a girl: Smart, pretty, funny, and just down to do anything

Any talents you may have: I’m a pretty good beatboxer, I also make beats and have made songs with my friends in which I would sing or even rap

What you do for fun on campus: Go to the gym, play intermural soccer

Three words to describe yourself: Funny, Outgoing, Ambitious

What is your favorite movie: Catch Me if You Can

Favorite Book: The Invisible Man

Contestant #10: Blake Garcia

Major: Special Education

Relationship status: Its Complicated

What you look for in a girl: Amazing personality, great sense of humor, beautiful eyes, loves to have fun

Any talents you may have: I can play guitar fairly well

What you do for fun on campus: Club Lacrosse

Fun facts about you: Originally from California, 50% Puerto Rican, Love to cook, Love working with kids of all ages with special needs.

Three words to describe yourself: Loud, Fun, Caring

What is your favorite movie: Ace Ventura: Pet detective

Favorite Book: Where the Red Fern Grows

And anything you would like Her Campus Towson to know: I’m a lot of fun and love to meet and hang out with new people.

Voting lasts until Saturday, December 15th! The winner gets a special place on the Her Campus site next week and bragging rights!!! ;) Vote HERE!