Maxine Rishton, Treasurer!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

Here at Her Campus Towson, we have such an invaluable team, which is why we love shining the spotlight on them! Check out the following interview with our lovely Treasurer, Maxine! 

Her Campus Towson: What do you do?

Maxine Rishton: I am the Treasurer for Her Campus Towson.

HCTU: When did you start doing it?

MR: I started Fall 2014.

HCTU: What sparked your interest in this activity?

MR: My interest in this activity sparked when I was a freshman. I’m already interested in writing which is why I decided to contribute to Her Campus Towson. I decided to become the treasurer because it was just another way to contribute and enable HCTU to be better!

HCTU: How can someone else get involved in this activity?

MR: To be involved in this position you have to be consistently involved with the group for at least one semester. However if you just attend one of our meetings on Monday’s in UU 305 at 6:00 p.m you can easily be a part of the HerCampus team.

HCTU: What tips do you have for people who want to do what you do?

MR: I have two important tips! One, be consistent! Two, listen to those in authority! They know what they’re doing and will guide you in the process to becoming better.

HCTU: How has this created connections for you personally and academically?

MR: Personally, I’ve gained friendships that I know will last a long time from working with these ladies and academically, I’m a better writer and can knockout a five page essay in two-three hours. I’d say that’s an accomplishment!

HCTU: Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

MR: I see myself working under a magazine company and learning the ropes before pursuing my dream of creating my own online magazine.

HCTU: What do you want people to take from this interview?

MR: I want people to take the concept of consistency seriously. To pursue anything you want to accomplish in life, you have to be consistent and committed!   

Cydney is a senior at Towson University majoring in English with a focus on writing. In addition to being President/Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Towson, she always writes fictional stories in her free time. Cydney spends a lot of time online shopping, on Netflix, dreaming of buying purses and reading a good book all while hunched over her handy dandy iPhone. After college Cydney plans to write her own books and to go to as many concerts as possible.