LEAVE IT TO EVA: Shopping At Towson Town Center

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

Whether you celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, or you’re no religion at all and just like to get free stuff covered in shiny paper, it goes without saying that presents are a big deal this time of year. That’s why I’m here to help you navigate the gargantuan Towson Town Center in search of the perfect gift for everyone, on a college budget.

Eva, I’ve never been to the Towson Town Center. What should I expect?

This mall is the Mount Olympus of shopping malls. There are four levels of shops, a food court, several major restaurants including a Cheescake Factory and a P.F. Chang’s, and what feels like miles of parking places, most of which will be already taken. Luckily, the mall is within walking distance of the university, and if it’s cold or you’re lazy like me, you can catch the Collegetown shuttle.

It’s easy to feel intimidated, especially around the holidays when there are more people shopping. So, like a coach or an army general, you need a plan of attack. The directory is on the mall’s website, as well as the full list of stores, so you can plan your visit as efficiently as possible. 

Eva, what should I buy for my girlfriends? I don’t have a lot of money this year!

The Burberry and Coach stores may be out of the question this time around, but not every store in this mall requires a down payment on gifts. There’s a Forever 21 that extends through the first and second floor, and it’s full of adorable necklaces and earrings for less than $2 each. The first floor is home to Love Culture, where you can buy your ladies tops and sunglasses at a moderate price. And Bath & Body Works, located on the third floor, is almost always running a good sale, like three small lotions or spritzes for ten dollars. Look! Three friends who you’re finished shopping for! This is easy!

Eva, what about my boyfriend? Where can I go shopping for him?

There are plenty of clothing and fragrance options at PacSun (first floor) and Abercrombie & Fitch (second floor). If he’s into gadgets, there’s a Best Buy Mobile on the third floor, and you can buy the music-loving boyfriend a new cd (or even an album, if he’s the hipster type) at Hot Topic, on the first floor. If your man is the literary type, there’s a Barnes and Noble directly across the street from the mall–two stories of books and coffee. 

Eva, is it rude to get gift cards for people in my family who are hard to shop for? I just want to make them happy!
I’ve never thought of gift cards as being rude, as long as you put a lot of care into the store you pick. If your mom loves going to, say, Macy’s (floors 3 and 4) but you don’t know her clothing size or what she would pick for herself, by all means get a gift card. They’re also useful for those friends and family members who prefer to shop online, since plenty of stores will accept gift cards as online payment.

There you have it! My guide to shopping at Towson Town Center! Are you last minute shopping? Let us know in the comments!

A journalism major and art history minor, I love writing, research and shopping trips! I'm also always on the lookout for money saving tips and tricks.
Alexandra (Ali) Pannoni is a senior at Towson University majoring in journalism with a minor in theatre. She is the founder and editor-in-chief of Her Campus Towson. As the Campus Celebrity columnist for Her Campus Towson, Ali has interviewed Country Music Superstar Chuck Wicks and Major League Baseball Player Casper Wells. In Spring 2012 she was an editorial intern with Baltimore magazine. Currently she is an intern for the nationally syndicated radio morning show, The Kane Show, heard locally on HOT 99.5 in Washington D.C. and Z104.3 in Baltimore.  You can view some of her published work for Baltimore magazine on her website. She loves reading magazines, (attempting) to run, and hanging out with friends and family.