Culture > Digital

Kim Kardashian is GQ’s ‘Men of the Year’ 

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

by Ineza Merci

And my man, thank you to my man… well, sort of.

4kNl9CpkGcwBJPJrZwKABrD6Qgb nH1cLj gCJjL eS7V OqX7VsLQdwxWxRYOZy p 3O4vAou5hmzVjXQc8vHsVvxZagmNTybcpD80wvaeBCePZSd1xRwoSoaM03nR7fIbHrQ8w n6rIrqMGCk iJw

Photo Credits: Jack Bridgland/ GQ

Styled in a suit and tie, while snacking on a bag of puffy Cheetos, the entrepreneur and reality star, Kim Kardashian is on the front cover of GQ’s The 2023 Men of the Year issue. While Kim Kardashian was named GQ’s “Man of the Year” list, she also holds the title of GQ’s “Tycoon of the Year”, in last year’s issue. 

Decked out with different suits and blazers and portraying a masculine powerhouse on office duty, the photoshoot can be compared to and seen as a reflection of Kim’s journey in law school. 

Back in 2021, after four attempts, Kardashian did pass California’s baby bar exam, getting closer to the ability to practice as a California attorney. 

Back in late October, Kardashian launched a new line with her brand, SKIMS, that now caters to men. With socks, boxers, and briefs. The men seen sporting the new looks were athletes, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Neymar Jr. and Nick Bosa.  

From the new male SKIMS line to the cover of GQ magazine, if this year hasn’t been an overall great business move for Kim, I don’t know what is! 

Ineza Merci

Towson '26

Ineza is a current Sophomore at Towson University. She majors in Communication Studies as an introverted individual. Oh, the irony! Ineza views writing as a way to speak her mind, comfortably, without speaking out loud. As far as writing experience goes, before graduating high school, Ineza was a part of her school’s newspaper, titled “The Paw Print”. She got the chance to write Op-Eds, write about News, and Entertainment. Ineza loves to indulge in all things Pop Culture. Including online trends, music, Beyonce (yes, she’s her own genre), and more! It’s important for Ineza to focus on what keeps her mind going and it has become important for Ineza to share what she enjoys with others. When Ineza is not writing, she’ll most likely be watching cat videos, viewing her favorite gaming streamers, or napping. She’s an advocate of maintaining a balanced lifestyle filled with priorities, fun, and self-care. Things get hectic and writer’s block is real, but Ineza is excited to further strengthen her craft in writing with Her Campus.