Kami Smith

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

Name: Kami Smith Major: Psychology and Animal Behavior with a Minor in SpanishHometown: Helena, Montana Year: Junior

Her Campus Towson: What do you do?

Kami Smith: I am a health and fitness coach. My company is LiveKlean and we have partnered with Beachbody to give people the best fitness and nutrition results possible. My goal is to help others feel comfortable in their skin and to love and be proud of their bodies as their own. 

Kami’s Weightloss Transformation

HCTU: When did you start doing it?

KS: I started coaching in April 2014 but I have been actively using Beachbody products and programs since 2010 so I am knowledgeable in the company and field.

HCTU: What sparked your interest in this activity? 

KS: In November 2013, I started the program Focus T25 because I was unhappy with the reflection I was seeing in the mirror. I had gained the freshman ten and had lost all of my confidence so I started this program in hopes that it would help, and it did! I lost 15 pounds and saw an improvement in all of my relationships, family, friends, and with my boyfriend. I was a much happier person. After losing the weight, a lot of my peers were asking me what I was doing so I wanted to help! I know how insecurities can effect a person, which is why just a few months later, I became a coach so I could help others love themselves the way that God intended. 

HCTU: How can someone else get involved with this?

KS: I would love to help anyone with their nutrition or fitness! If anyone has any questions they can add me on Facebook that is usually the best way to get ahold of me. If you are already involved in fitness and nutrition, you can also sign up as a coach to make some extra money doing what you love and be the newest addition to the LiveKlean team!

HCTU: What tips do you have for people who want to do what you do?

KS: Stay positive. Fitness and nutrition can be frustrating…we cheat on our diets, our weightloss plateaus, and it just isn’t easy! It is a long term commitment that will be full of ups and downs, but in the end, it is all worth it. 

Kami with the creator of Shakeology, a superfood nutrition shake that she drinks daily that gives her energy, maintains her weight, and improves digestion.

HCTU: How has this created connections for you personally and academically? 

KS: I have met a lot of amazing people doing this. I like to think that as much as I’m changing their lives, they are also changing mine. Plus, it is amazing to see my team grow. 

HCTU: Why do you think this is important? 

KS: It’s your health! We need to take care of our bodies so we can get the most out of our life and achieve the things we want to achieve which can span from going bungee jumping when we’re 80 or just being a good, active parent to our kids someday. 

HCTU: What is an important thing for us to keep in mind as college students? 

KS: It’s okay to ask for help. Even at the stage I am, I need the support from my team and I am proud of that. 

HCTU: Anything else you want to share?

KS: I am committed to helping you achieve the best YOU possible. If you do want my help don’t be afraid to contact me, I am not judgmental, I am on my journey too.

Cydney is a senior at Towson University majoring in English with a focus on writing. In addition to being President/Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Towson, she always writes fictional stories in her free time. Cydney spends a lot of time online shopping, on Netflix, dreaming of buying purses and reading a good book all while hunched over her handy dandy iPhone. After college Cydney plans to write her own books and to go to as many concerts as possible.