This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

It’s that time again; midterm season, which means people are stressing out, living in the library, and burrying themselves under textbooks. It’s only two weeks, but it can seem like the longest two weeks of a collegiate’s semester. If you read these helpful tips, you’ll not only be able to survive midterms but possibly get by without a sweat.

First off, don’t panic.

The numerous exams, projects, and essays from all of your different classes can seem overwhelming as a whole, but that’s why you need to look at it in segments. Take a deep breath and remember everything isn’t due at once, so there’s no need to stress out about it at the same time. It’s only midterms and it’ll all be over sooner than you think.

Stay organized.

The best way to stay on top of the mountain load of work you have to do is to write down what and when something is due in an agenda book or calendar. Having it all laid out in front of you will show you what needs to get done first in order to turn it in on time.

Use your time wisely.

Set aside some time every day to get a few things done. There’s plenty of hours in a day, so dedicate at least a few to studying. And although many of you will want to procrastinate until the very last day, don’t. Space work out beforehand because waiting will only make it worse for you later on.

Stay focused.

Try to not get too distracted with your cell phone, Netflix, friends, and going out. It’s only two weeks where you’ll be putting school first and the more you dedicate for midterms, the more you’ll be thanking yourself later on when you’re worried about your grades.

Take breaks.

Everyone needs a break now and then. If you spend two hours working, take 15 minutes to relax and do something you enjoy like Facebooking, hanging out with your roommates, or eating a favorite snack. This is also a great way to motivate yourself: read one chapter, eat a cookie. Or two.

Lastly, take care of yourself.

You won’t be able to do well on midterms if you’re neglecting your health. So don’t forget to eat (preferably food that doesn’t always come from a vending machine), sleep (which is an absolute must), and stay in touch with your friends (friends don’t let friends stress out alone).

So follow these guidelines and you’ll be able to survive midterms without them getting the best of you. Good luck!

Hi, I'm Katherine! I'm a junior at Towson double majoring in Art and Design and Mass Communications, with a minor in Cultural Studies.