Get Healthy With Chelsea! Week Five: Zumba Time!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.
This past week, I went Zumba crazy!

Monday night is now officially Zumba night for the Res Tower’s seventh floor, which you’re more than welcome to if you’re in the building. I led the wonderful girls on my floor in some of the songs I have on my Zumba playlist. Even though everyone didn’t do every dance move, it still was a fun experience for some of us to go out of our comfort zone and dance those Monday blues away.

Remember to stretch before each work out. PS—that’s me in the front, instructing my first Zumba class!

Then, on Wednesday night, I had the most amazing time teaching my first official class to the Latin American Student Organization (L.A.S.O.) during their evening meeting. Their energy was beyond amazing! No matter what difficult moves I threw at them, they took it in stride, laughing and living it up every minute. Their energy motivated me and made my fatigue seem unimportant. As long as they were loving it, it made me want to keep it up to show them just how great Zumba is!

Point being, working out with others can be a total blast. It’s so much easier to keep going at 100 percent when there’s somebody else there working just as hard with you. It’s even better when you’re having fun!

Let loose when you work out! Just have fun!

If you haven’t looked into any of the classes available on campus, I really encourage you to check them out. From yoga to kickboxing, Zumba to ab workouts, Towson offers a wide variety of fun classes you and your friends can partake in.

And if you can’t make it to any of the classes? Just do what I do! Make time with your friends to do other things to be active. Have a floor dance party or meet up with some friends at the gym for rock climbing. Then, you can motivate each other and get fit at the same time!

Working out with others can be fun!

Don’t forget about our Her Campus Zumba party at the end of the semester! I’ll be leading everyone with some pretty fun songs. Also, look for me around campus—I’ve got some more Zumba events lined up, and everyone is always welcome to come!