Fresh Spring Makeup Tutorial

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

Spring is finally here and all the girls I know are getting out their spring dresses and shorts to celebrate the sun! The springtime air inspired me to make a colorful, but simple makeup tutorial! It is perfect for spring and is simple to do! My lovely twin sister was the first to volunteer to be my model and I think it turned out great. 

STEP ONE: Apply Moisturizer

The First Step I did to make a clean and smooth surface to the face was apply moisturizer to Lauren’s face. I then added Nars tinted moisturizer with sunscreen in it to even-out her skin tone. This tinted moisturizer is one of my favorites because it is still light while adding coverage to the skin.

STEP TWO: Apply Concealer 

The second step I did to make sure Lauren’s under-eye bags were hidden. I applied the lightest color of concealer in my trusty Sonia Kashuk pallete. The concealer is smooth and creamy and was easy to apply. I also applied it to a few blemishes. 

STEPH THREE: Apply Powder

The third step was to make sure Lauren’s face was all evened out. I added my MAC Mineralized Skinfinish Natural powder all over  her face to add more coverage, as well as make sure the concealer and tinted moisturizer did not budge. 

STEP FOUR: Apply Eyeshadow

Now that Lauren’s face was covered, I added eyeshadow to her eyes. In my Urban Decay pallete, I used the color Snatch and patted it all over her eyelids using a flat brush. 

STEP FIVE: Apply a Contrasting Eye Shadow Color

Another color in the palette was called Toasted and I added it to the crease of her eyes. This added more depth to her eyes and made the look almost complete. 

STEP SIX: Liquid Eyeliner

After I applied the eyeshadow,  I added a liquid eyeliner from Loreal to Lauren’s upper eyelids. This made her eyes more dramatic and bold. 

STEP SEVEN: Add a Pop of Color

Now came the fun part. To make her eyes complete and to add a fresh pop to her eyes I decided to be a little bold. I added a bright blue color under her eyes using my E.LF gel liner. This is one of my favorite spring trends and I’ve seen some people wear other colors under their eyes such as purple and even yellow. After applying the gel liner, I added a bright blue eyeshadow over it to set it.

STEP EIGHT: Finishing Touches (Mascara, Bronzer, Blush, Highlighter & Lipglaze)

The last steps consisted of applying tons of mascara and blush and bronzer to the face. I used Hoola bronzer from Benefit to contour her cheekbones and a peachy blush from MAC called “Immortal Flower” on the apples of her cheeks. The last step was adding a liquid highlighter called “Sunbeam” from Benefit. I dotted the hilighter on top of her cheekbones as well as adding some down her nose for that extra glow. For her lips I applied a Stila lipglaze that was the perfect Coral color called foxy.

So here it is, the before and after! Although my beautiful sister looks great in both pictures, she agreed that this fresh makeup look was perfect for spring, and a fun way to experiment with colors!

Hope everyone liked this! Until next time…

XOXO,

Jeanne

Hi, my name is Jeanne and I am Junior at Towson University.I am studying Mass Communication and EMF and will hopefully graduate within the next two years.This spring I will be studying abroad in Sunderland, England.I love singing and writing songs with my twin sister, playing with makeup and hair, and painting my nails. I also love spending time with family and friends.
Her Campus

Towson '25