Girls Pumpkins
Girls Pumpkins
Breanna Coon / Her Campus
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

The air has begun to cool. The leaves have begun to change. It’s officially Fall. Unfortunately, with Fall comes stress. Fall is right when midterms begin and when school and work kick into full swing. The workload may make it easy to want to hole up inside ignoring the outside world, but why not level out the stress with some fun fall activities.

1)      Go to a pumpkin patch! Pumpkin picking offers more than one activity. Dress cute and take some fall photos with the pumpkins! Pick out a pumpkin and carve it into the trending horror movie’s main character: a classic Halloween character like Jack Skellington, or maybe the classic jack-o-lantern, either way, keep the seeds! The seeds can be cleaned and baked for a great fall snack. Not into carving? That’s okay too. Pumpkins are also great for painting!

2)      Go to an orchard. Apples are in season! Find your local orchard and go pick apples. Not only does this give you the chance to enjoy the sunshine and cool weather, but it also gives you a reason to bake! Take the picked apples and make apple pie, apple dumplings, apple butter, caramel apples, whatever the heart desires! Plus you know what they say, an apple a day keeps the doctor away!

3)      Have a photoshoot. The leaves are changing, which means they will provide a brand-new backdrop to your photos. Put on a cute outfit and find some leaves. Throw leaves in the air, climb into the tree, the possibilities are endless. What better way to take advantage of fall than to get some cute fall pictures to bless the Instagram world with?

4)      Go for a hike. Hiking in the fall offers a whole new experience than in the summer. The views will change as the leaves change, giving the hiker a new variety of color to see while walking the trails. Not only that but as the leaves begin to fall, there may be hidden sights now visible. Plus, the air will be cooler which means less sweating! Best of all is the lack of bugs. No more annoying flies and gnats trying to attack every inch of sweat covered skin!

5)      Have a bonfire. Remember when you were a kid and you would roast marshmallows over the fire in the backyard? Bring that memory back to life. Smores will forever be a delicious campfire treat, and what better time to have them than at a fall bonfire? Bonfires also are a good way to just be laid back and hang out with friends. So grab a blanket and layout next to that roaring fire, and when it begins to simmer down to the coals take a look to the sky and search for shooting stars.

6)      HALLOWEEN. Don’t just let Halloween last a day. Make it last all of October! Buy some decorations and deck out your house. Go subtle with fall colored décor and maybe some pumpkins, or go big and fill your house with Jack-o-lanterns, skeletons, cobwebs, anything that gets the mood spooky. Watch spooky movies every night on Freeform’s 31 Nights of Halloween. Want more Halloween spirit? Throw a party! Have everyone dress up. Just because we aren’t little kids anymore doesn’t mean we can’t like costumes!

Emma Stark

Towson '20

My name is Emma Stark and I am a junior at Towson University. My major is Mass Communication with a track in journalism and news media and a minor in business. I am originally from Tucson, Arizona. I adore dogs, reading, and art.
Her Campus

Towson '25